Financial Times & Deloitte Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Conference
Industry-leading event brings together industry executives, thought leaders and investors wishing to keep abreast of the emerging trends reshaping the global healthcare and life sciences industry.
November 16-17, 2015 | Marriott Grosvenor | London
As the global healthcare industry shifts and transforms, so too must the life science industry. Life science companies will need to adjust strategies to a world in which only true innovation and improved patient outcomes become the key determinant of value in the healthcare system. They will also need to develop commercial models which take account of the changing power balance between provider, payer and patients-all the while keeping a watchful eye on the competitive landscape for the incursion of non-traditional players with whom they will increasingly compete-or partner- to deliver patient-centred products and services. Meanwhile, scrutiny of high prices for speciality drugs and advanced technologies is increasing, impacting the ability of life science companies to bring much needed innovation to patients. How will the industry’s future unfold?
- On 16 November at 1:20pm, join James Wright, Tax Lead Partner, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Deloitte UK, as he discusses the future of taxation in the pharma sector
- On 17 November, Pete Mooney, DTTL Global Life Sciences and Health Sector leader, will moderate the Day 2 agenda that will cover leadership, skills and change management; building relationships with patients and doctors; patient services; and managing ethics and the cost of compliance
What you might be caught discussing at FT Pharma Bio:
How should the value of life science products be defined?
Is wellness and prevention the next big public health challenge?
What is the future of taxation in the pharma sector?
What forces have driven the M&A in the past and are they here to stay?
Is the current biotech boom sustainable?
Will the FDA pathway for biosimilars be sufficiently attractive to encourage prospective biosimilars manufacturers and generate robust competition?
How will relations between life science companies and healthcare professionals evolve in the years ahead?
Are patient services the new blockbuster for life science companies?
Who are life sciences companies managing risk and the cost of compliance?
- Dr Severin Schwan, Chief Executive Officer, Roche Group
- Shaun Grady, Head of Business Operations, AstraZeneca
- Dr David Meeker, President and Chief Executive Officer, Genzyme
- Pascale Richetta, Vice President, Western Europe and Canada, AbbVie
- Jean-Paul Clozel, CEO, Actelion
- David Redfern, Chief Strategy Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Tuomo Pätsi, President, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Celgene
- Dr Mohammad Al- Ubaydli, CEO, Patients Know Best
- Guy Yeoman, Vice President, Patient Centricity, AstraZeneca
- Alpna Seth, Head of Biosimilar Business Unit, Biogen
- Dr Stanley Hong, President & CEO, Celltrion Healthcare
- Professor Dame Sally Davis, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer, Department of Health
- Jeremy Morgan, International VP Diabetes, Eli Lilly
- Guido Rasi, Principal Adviser in Charge of Strategy, European Medicines Agency
- Dr Steve Miller, Chief Medical Officer, Express Scripts
- Natacha Theytaz, Chief Audit & Risk Advisory Executive, Roche Group
- Natalie Woodford, Senior Vice President, Talent, Leadership & Organisational Development, GlaxoSmithKline
- Murray Stewart, Chief Medical Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Susan Herbert, EVP, Global Business Development, Alliance Management, Merck Serono
- Professor David Haslam, Chair, NICE
- Dr Ameet Nathwani, Head of Global Medical Affairs, Novartis
- Eric Cornut, Chief Ethics Compliance and Policy Officer, Novartis
- Albert Bourla, Group President,Vaccines, Oncology and Consumer Healthcare, Pfizer
- Jenny Alltoft, Head of Biosimilars, Pfizer
- Rady Johnson, Executive Vice President, Chief Compliance and Chief Risk Officer, Pfizer
- Pascale Witz, EVP Global Divisions and Strategic Development, Sanofi
- Jean-Christophe Tellier, CEO, UCB
- John Kelland, Director, Manufacturing Relationships, Pharmaceutical Wholesale Division, Walgreens Boots Alliance
Who you might see while attending FT Pharma Bio
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Predictions 2020: A bold future?
- 2015 Global life sciences sector outlook: Adapting in an era of transformation
- Biosimilars in global markets: Emerging markets may be key to long-term growth
- The convergence of health care trends: Innovation strategies for emerging opportunities
- Supply chain in life sciences: What key trends are emerging?
- Connected health: How digital technology is transforming health and social care
- High value, high uncertainty: Measuring risk in biopharmaceutical research and other industries
- Measuring the return from pharmaceutical innovation
- Executing an open innovation model: Cooperation is key to competition for biopharmaceutical companies