Comunicados de prensa
Deloitte named a global leader in Forensics Investigation Consulting by Kennedy
New York, NY, 14 May 2015 – Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) is pleased to announce that Kennedy has named Deloitte member firms (Deloitte) a global leader in Forensics Investigation Consulting and a global leader in Dispute Analysis & Advisory in their report entitled Forensic & Dispute Advisory Financial Consulting 2014.
Kennedy’s report provides a detailed examination of the markets for Forensic Investigation and Dispute Analysis & Advisory services (F&DA). The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for buyers and sellers of Forensic & Dispute Financial Consulting related services focusing on market trends, client spending forecasts, and the competitive landscape. The report notes “Client demand for FI and DA&A services is slowly converging into one market. This trend is being driven by the presence of discovery, data management and forensic accounting aspects in both types of engagements.” Specifically for Deloitte, Kennedy notes, “The F&DA practice has invested heavily in technology over the past five years, as part of the firm’s overall strategy to embed technology, data and analytics into all offerings. This move has paid dividends for the practice in several areas.”
“The challenges Deloitte clients face preventing and mitigating fraud and anti-corruption continue to escalate around the globe, driven by advances in technology and shifting global, regional and local political and economic conditions. To truly help clients, we believe a global network with deep technical expertise, industry and local business knowledge and sophisticated technology tools and services are absolutely critical, and we continue to refine and invest in those capabilities” said Tim Phillipps, Global Forensics Leader at DTTL.
- “Deloitte is the only Big Four firm with an integrated practice by virtue of its breadth of capability. In DA&A, the firm’s F&DA practice has IP and securities litigation expertise, coupled with a superior technology infrastructure. That infrastructure also bolsters FI capabilities and supports strength in data and event forensic analysis. Securities/accounting malpractice investigation is also a strong capability, tying in with the practice’s DA&A capability in the same field.”
- “Deloitte’s FI practice delivers comprehensive global FI services through an astoundingly complete network of national firms. The practice’s FI capabilities are the broadest among all rated providers, and nearly as deep as those of FTI Consulting and PwC. Deloitte shares a distinction with FTI as the only two firms with integrated FI and DA&A practices.”
- “Deloitte’s discovery and analytics team, embedded in the forensics practice, utilizes forensic data collection, IT forensic investigation, data analytics and e-discovery/disclosure to support litigation or investigation.”
- “The company’s [Deloitte’s] strong suits lie in forensic anticorruption and AML investigations, and as these two areas apply to dispute resolution. Deloitte’s investigative capabilities include document review, discovery and corporate investigations.”
- “Deloitte’s dispute resolution services help clients with complex litigation, ADR, tax controversies across multiple jurisdictions, and business disputes requiring expert determination. Additional capabilities aligned to fraud detection and prevention includes fraud risk assessment and monitoring and implementing fraud and anticorruption control programs. An international arbitration team as well as intellectual property expertise round out the consultancy’s F&DA capabilities.”