Tip 2: Making an impact in a video interview
Today, many organizations are using video interviews. Before attending a video interview, please remind yourself that this is the same as in-person interview and should be taken just as seriously.
- Find a quiet and undisturbed space
- Dress formally, and try to avoid any clothing with patterns as it can look distorted on camera
- Make sure you have sufficient lighting
- Test the system environment before actually attending the interview
- Ensure your device is fully charged
- Doing a test before the interview is always good to ensure your feel comfortable
During the video interview:
- Connect to the video link five minutes before the interview
- Read or listen clearly to questions and pay attention to the time limit if it's a one-way video interview
- Maintain eye contact with the camera and keep smiling
- Maintain good posture
- Speak confidently about your experiences
- If it's a recorded interview, make sure your video has been successfully submitted before closing your browser
Be prepared and be calm.