Future of Control | Continuous Monitoring: Automated Risk Warning Solution
Deloitte's automated risk warning solution helps enterprises integrate their quantitative warning information or risk exposure status into the risk management platform, so as to help senior management obtain early warning information, monitor changes in risk and improve the ability to predict potential risks. This supports the alignment of the control environment with risk, which is one of the key focus areas for the Future of Control.
Challenges for Risk Warning Management and Control
- Large enterprises are diversified, and their subsidiary enterprises are distributed in multiple industries, with high management complexity. Management needs to consider how to monitor the risk management maturity of subsidiary enterprises with unified management language and tools.
- Traditional management tools, such as risk assessment and internal control assessment, have relatively long implementation cycles and slow feedback, which requires a lot of management time. How to improve the timeliness and efficiency of management response is an urgent problem for enterprises.
- External environment: the external environment faced by the subsidiary organizations of different business forms is very different, with different management requirements and management focus.
- Regulatory policy: all regulatory agencies put forward requirements for information risk management and control. For example, for financial holding companies, the people's Bank of China's latest "Trial Measures for Supervision Management of Financial Holding Companies" also clearly put forward the requirements of risk warning and monitoring.
Framework and Function of Automated Risk Warning Solution
Deloitte automated risk warning management and control solution is an important function module of Deloitte Risk Intelligent System and Knowledge Base (R.I.S.K), which helps enterprises manage risk preference for headquarters and susidiary companies, and establish automatic risk monitoring, warning and response mechanism for various special risks.
The solution consists of four functions: factor management, indicator management, warning rules and warning response. According to the update frequency of factors and indicators, the system automatically generates reporting tasks on a regular basis, calculates the indicator results, and carries out warning according to warning rules to remind managers to carry out risk response work.
Through docking with enterprise data platform, data warehouse and business system, R.I.S.K system can automatically obtain the factor reporting data required for indicator calculation, greatly reduce the time cost of managers, and improve the warning evaluation rate and warning efficiency. At the same time, the system will provide risk managers at all levels with a visual risk warning dashboard to help managers understand and analyze the risk monitoring situation in time and assist decision-making.
Deloitte Risk Intelligent System and Knowledge Base
In addition to the risk management module, Deloitte Risk Intelligent System and Knowledge Base includes another there modules: internal control management, compliance management and internal audit management. Each module is directly related to each other to form an integrated whole. After three generations of technological innovation, R.I.S.K version 3.0 fully supports cloud deployment, micro services, customized development, and is fully adapted to the needs of enterprise risk management and information technology development strategy.
Deloitte Risk Intelligent System and Knowledge Base provides a complete online management function for the second and third lines of defense, and escorts the sustainable and healthy development of the enterprise with the help of digital risk control management. Its standard functions are as follows:
- Risk Management integrates the functions of risk assessment, risk warning, risk events and information reporting, and can expand the special management tools, so as to carry out comprehensive risk management.
- Internal Control Management integrates the whole process of internal control manual and evaluation, and helps enterprises to realize system updating, internal control self-evaluation, independent evaluation, defect rectification and reporting automation.
- Compliance Management helps enterprises manage internal and external regulations and carry out compliance inspection.
- Internal Audit Management comprehensively manages the whole life cycle of audit work through audit management and operation platform.
Value for Automated Risk Warning
Unification of Management Language
- Solves the pain point of risk management in large enterprises and improves the management mechanism and methods. This use of information technology to promote the unity of management methods, management processes and management data to consolidate the management system.
Supporting Management Operations
- The management tools are digitized to carry out risk management online, provide timely understanding of the risk status of the enterprises, enable a quickly response, and coordination at the group level to enable enhanced control of an enterprises.
Optimization of Management Time
- Through information, automation, intelligent means, replace the previous manual offline management communication mode. This will focus management resources onto analysis and prediction, and provide decision support for management through data display and analysis.
- Through the use of the system and the accumulation of data, we help enterprises build a long-term risk management and control mechanism, and with the development of technology, we constantly improve and expand it, so as to assist the sustainable development of enterprises.