China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone: Dawn of a new era (2)
Business Regulation and Tax Newsflash
Issue 2 - 2 August 2013
The China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone ("China (Shanghai) PFTZ") was approved early July. Subsequently:
- A task force, jointly led by Shanghai Development and Reform Commission (SDRC) and Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce (SMCC), has been formed;
- The overall implementation plan for the China (Shanghai) PFTZ is expected to be announced towards the end of this month (August);
- The China (Shanghai) PFTZ expected to be launched towards the end of September 2013, with an initial set of detailed policies and implementation rules;
- Full implementation of the Pilot is expected towards the end of 2013.
To enjoy the trailblazer effect, we recommend:
- Investors into China should review the broad outline of, and other available information concerning the China (Shanghai) PFTZ; and consider how they might make use of it.
- If you wish to ask questions, or make requests of the relevant China (Shanghai) PFTZauthorities, you should do so now.
We are happy to assist you in understanding how the China (Shanghai) PFTZ may be useful in your business, as well as facilitate communication with relevant authorities. Please call your usual Deloitte contact or our China (Shanghai) PFTZ Lead Partners listed below:
Tel: +86 21 6141 1098
Tel: +86 21 6141 1488
Note: Qin Li Law Firm is a licensed Cinese law firm and forms part of Deloitte's global Tax & Legal network. Deloitte Legal is one of the major legal practices around the world.