Opportunities in Dynamics
Industry Report is a communication sent by National Industry Planning (NIP) to all Deloitte China professionals. We publish industry reports in this newsletter, and provide suggestions on how to use industry reports to serve clients and develop business.
"Opportunities in Dynamics" is compiled jointly by Deloitte Education Industry and Deloitte Research. With the increasingly mature global artificial intelligence technology and the long-term development goal of educational informatization in China, artificial intelligence technology has been gradually applied in the field of education. In this context, a new education system is taking shape. Policy, capital, technology and consumption will work together to drive the development of AI+ education in China, and promote China's education towards the era of intelligence.
Viewpoints / key findings
I. Development of Education Industry
- The adjustment of China's education policy will deeply influence the subdivisions of preschool education, K12 education and vocational education. Under the background of market changes, educational enterprises will also face more challenges and development opportunities.
- Influenced by policy incentives and increasingly mature technology, AI education has gradually become the focus of investment in educational enterprises. It is expected that in the future, educational enterprises will continue to increase investment in related technologies and obtain technology dividends.
II. Analysis of Capital Market in Education Industry
- In recent years, special training has become one of the key subdivisions in the investment and financing market. Among them, the development of language, quality and vocational education is the main focus; in addition, due to the current economic situation, education policies and other factors, the number of IPO in the education industry will be reduced in the short term.
III. Empower Education Industry with Artificial Intelligence
- Global AI+ education has entered a major stage of development. Policy, capital, technology and consumption together drive the development of AI+ education in China.
- Globally, AI+ education is becoming one of the hot investment targets. Because of its advantages in application and market in recent years, China is rapidly rising to become the hottest investment region in the field of AI education. Among them, K12 has become the hottest investment subdivision area in AI education.
- The number of global enterprises involved in adaptive education is increasing, and the potential profit of AI enabling education industry in China is huge. However, self-adaptive learning technology is still in the initial stage of development in China, and the development of AI + education still needs the help of traditional education industry, policies and technologies.
- China's artificial intelligence education ecosystem is facing changes in roles and responsibilities: besides traditional educational institutions, more technology start-ups are entering the market.
IV. A New Era of Vocational Education
- Influenced by talent demand, industrial iteration and policy encouragement, vocational education will continue to develop and improve in the future.
- With the continuous acceleration of China's industrial upgrading and economic restructuring, the demand for technical and skilled talents has become more and more urgent, and the position and role of vocational education has become more and more prominent, especially the demand for training new and characteristic professionals, which promotes the rapid development of school-enterprise cooperation and characteristic vocational colleges.
- The traditional non-academic training sector will still have a great demand in the future. With the increase of job switching frequency, the extension of career life, the upgrading of industrial structure and the promotion of entrepreneurship enthusiasm, "recruitment + vocational education" and "entrepreneurship innovation + vocational education" have become new trends of non-academic training.