We have a lift off to ARIS!
A Really Inspiring Space
Last February Deloitte signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Bank of Cyprus for the creation of an idea stage acceleration programme for aspiring entrepreneurs. Our objective is to create an inspiring space for talented young people to work from, in order to develop and mature their innovative business ideas, with our guidance and mentoring. This vision was central to our inspiration for the name ARIS, which stands for A Really Inspiring Space.
ARIS will be located right in the heart of Limassol, at Nicolaou Pentadromos Centre. ARIS will be prioritizing applications proposing the development of products and services in the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, Cloud and Open Data (horizontal priorities). We will also prioritise solutions targeting the following industries (vertical priorities): Financial services, Education, Energy and Renewable Energy Sources including storage solutions, Shipping, Public sector including local authorities with a special emphasis on smart cities, food and health/fitness.
The residents will undergo a 26-week acceleration programme, aiming to assist them with their journey from an idea (for a product or service) to the proof of concept.
Monday the 12th of June was an exciting day for ARIS! The first meeting of the Advisory Board took place at the offices of Deloitte in Limassol, whereby the strategic design, overall mission and vision of the programme were presented to the members of the board who are:
- Dr Charis Pouangare, Director Consumer & SME Banking at Bank of Cyprus
- Michalis Persianis, Director of Corporate Affairs at Bank of Cyprus
- Nicos S. Kyriakides, Partner, Head of Financial Advisory at Deloitte
- Tal Chen, Partner, Head of Technology Collaboration, Corporate Finance at Deloitte Israel
- Dr Tasos Kounoudes, Co-founder and CEO at SignalGeneriX
- Dr Andreas Anayiotos, Rector at Cyprus University of Technology
- Serhei Kostevitch, President and CEO at ASBISc Enterprises PLC
- Monica Ioannidou, ARIS Director & Director at Deloitte‘s Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre
ARIS will accept its first residents by the end of this year through an ongoing call for applications as well as various ideation events in order to present the challenges faced by various industries today and inspire them in order to develop solutions addressing those pain points.