Confidentiality, privacy and cybersecurity
Safeguarding confidential information is core to the services Deloitte member firms provide. Deloitte is committed to protecting confidential and personal data including that of Deloitte clients and third parties, and to continually monitor regulatory and legal requirements to support compliance.
Confidentiality and privacy
The Deloitte Global Confidentiality and Privacy Office helps foster a culture across Deloitte that emphasizes the importance of protecting confidential and personal data. This office sets guidelines, develops procedures, provides consultation and training, and assesses the effectiveness of controls relating to confidentiality and privacy. The Deloitte Global Confidentiality and Privacy Office works with Deloitte Global Technology Services, including the Deloitte Global Cybersecurity Office and the Deloitte Global Office of General Counsel, to understand, prepare for and respond to known and reasonably anticipated risks and threats facing our environment.
Consistent with industry leading practices for protecting confidential information, Deloitte has taken steps to remain secure, vigilant and resilient, including:
- Understanding the risk environment;
- Implementing policies, procedures and controls designed to protect confidential information;
- Responding to potential confidential information incidents in a timely manner;
- Preparing and implementing plans to promptly recover from, and restore any systems that may be adversely impacted by, a cyber incident; and
- Actively monitoring the effectiveness of specific controls.
- The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity Office works with the Deloitte Global Confidentiality & Privacy Office, as well as Deloitte confidentiality, privacy and cybersecurity professionals around the world to execute an aggressive strategy designed to:
- Create a cohesive, worldwide cyber program with consistent, high-quality security services;
- Extend security tools worldwide for advanced protection of highly distributed data;
- Implement and sustain leading practice technology safeguards to protect confidential and personal data; and
- Reduce the risk of unauthorized exposure of confidential or personal data.