Financial Services Transfer Pricing
Sector trends and global developments in 2019
This collection of articles explores the tax challenges associated with technology and the digitization of the economy, with a focus on the impact on transfer pricing trends across banking, insurance, and asset management sectors.
Inspired by a wide range of topics, these articles focus major areas of impact across the globe including US Tax reform, Brexit, technology disruption, and the digitalization of the economy.
The report discusses:
- The extent of global adoption of the Authorised OECD Approach (“AOA”) to Permanent Establishment (“PE”) profit attribution and application within the banking sector
- Key areas of tax audit activity within transfer pricing and progress in resolving double taxation
- US Tax reform and transfer pricing considerations
- Brexit contingency planning transfer pricing considerations
- Transfer pricing developments in the alternative asset management sector
- Technology impact on the banking and insurance sectors and comparable transfer pricing methodologies
- VAT considerations in transfer pricing policies
- OECD proposals on a work programme to tackle the tax challenges arising from the digitalisation of the economy