World Economic Forum
Deloitte's Strategic Partnership with WEF
For almost two decades, Deloitte has taken a leadership role in advancing the World Economic Forum’s objective of “Improving the state of the world."
Deloitte’s contributions as a Strategic Partner and its participation at the Annual Meeting at Davos and at regional summits throughout the year has helped produce fresh ideas, sparked needed debate, and offered forward-thinking approaches to some of the most vexing issues confronting businesses, governments, and civil society.
Since its inception more than 40 years ago, the independently run World Economic Forum has convened global leaders from business, society, government, and the media. Working collaboratively, the leaders have been instrumental in defining global and regional agendas and inspiring action for a sustainable future through community-focused business practices.
Deloitte’s delegation convened in Davos from 22-25 January 2014 along with business and government leaders from around the globe to address the theme "The Reshaping of the World: Consequences for Politics, Business and Society."
The Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2013 took place on 11–13 September in Dalian, China and was held in close partnership with the government of the People's Republic of China.
In addition to the Annual Meeting in Davos and the Annual Meeting of New Champions in China, the Forum also convenes a number of regional meetings every year. These events focus on determining the critical actions necessary to deal with regional challenges and improve competitiveness. They provide a platform for business, political and civil society leaders to take a greater role in global governance and secure the prosperity of their countries and regions. In 2014, Deloitte will participate in all regional meetings, and will officially support meetings in Panama and India:
- World Economic Forum on Latin America, Panama City, Panama. 1-3 April : “Opening Pathways for Shared Progress: Economic Dynamism, Human Capital & Critical hard and soft Infrastructure”
- World Economic Forum on Africa, Abuja, Nigeria. 7-9 May: “Forging Inclusive Growth, Creating Jobs”
- World Economic Forum on East Asia, Manila, Philippines. 21-23 May: “Leveraging Growth for Equitable Progress”
- World Economic Forum on Europe, MENA and Eurasia, Istanbul, Turkey. 28-30 September: “Shaping New Pathways to Development and Growth”
- World Economic Forum on India, New Delhi, India. 4-6 November: Theme to be confirmed.
The World Economic Forum sponsors a variety of initiatives, projects, and communities that identify and advance distinctive global issues relevant to their constituents.
Deloitte has taken a leadership role in advancing these initiatives. Deloitte is active in the Chemicals, Investors, and Aviation and Travel Industry Partnerships as well as the Partnering Against Corruption Initiative, Forum of Young Global Leaders, and Global Agenda Councils (GACs).