IFRS and local accounting regulations require preparers of financial statements to report fair values of assets acquired in business combinations.
As seasoned valuation expert with strong knowledge of accounting standards we help our clients to assess:
- How should the purchase price of an acquired business be allocated amongst the tangible and intangible assets and liabilities acquired?
- What are the likely capital gains of a proposed transaction?
- What is the impact of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on my balance sheet and profits?
- Are the balance sheet values of my investments and intangible assets (including goodwill) impaired and, if so, by how much?
- Under which conditions, my assets may be impaired?
Businesses are increasingly confronted with tax, financial and regulatory valuation requirements. International Financial Reporting Standards and a move to “fair value accounting” mean clients need professional advice regarding domestic and international regulations, and the interaction between the different regulatory regimes. We have the experience of preparing and reviewing numerous purchase price allocations across a variety of industries each year.
We work closely with valuation, accounting and tax professionals from Deloitte’s global network to provide comprehensive and up-to-date advice on these complex and changing issues.