We provide financial and economic services in dispute resolution (the so-called litigation support). We have the professional capacity and experience to support clients in financial disputes before Czech and arbitration courts at the Czech and international levels. Our experts commonly prepare expert opinions, expert reports and testify in Czech courts and international arbitration tribunals. We act as an expert office.
Typically, we deal with the resolution of the following situations:
- Minority shareholder squeeze-out
- Lost profit
- Insolvency and impeding business insolvency
- Disputes with the tax administrator
- Regulatory issues, e.g. reasonable profit, margin squeeze etc.
We provide especially the following services:
- Business valuation and valuation of all kinds of assets and liabilities
- Financial modelling
- Calculations in insolvency and restructuring
- Calculations for regulatory purposes (amount of reasonable profit, asset value)
- Economic analysis
- Argumentative support based on numerical and theoretical analyses
- Verification of the counterparty’s claims and calculations
- Services for judicial examinations and expert confrontations (preparation of questions, conduct of the examination)
- Verification of the practices of specific experts based on a database of expert opinions
- Verification of the arguments of the parties to the dispute based on a database of judicial decisions
- Review of the existing valuation (verification of valuation methodology, mathematical correctness and factual assumptions)
At the heart of our services is a strong valuation and financial modelling team. Team members regularly lecture at universities and conferences, write articles for professional periodicals, conduct financial research and have doctoral degrees and professional qualifications such as CFA, ASA or CFM. Team members deal with dispute projects on a daily basis.
Our procedures reflect the most up-to-date valuation and presentation trends in litigation. We focus, among other things, on the clarity and transparency (credibility) of calculations and valuation reports, or on data analytics of publicly available sources. Deloitte's unique tools include a database of expert opinions and judicial decisions.