REITs & Property Companies
Public and private operating companies, including Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), have undergone consolidation during the past few years, and those with more sophisticated management teams have emerged as leaders in the office, industrial, retail, hospitality and multifamily segments.
Deloitte member firms are leaders in the REIT market, providing services to many of the largest REITs and property companies. Cross-service line teams are experienced in providing a wide range of services to REITs and potential REITs, assisting with initial REIT structuring, strategy development, operational and financial transformation, on-going compliance and M&A activity including acquisitions and disposals. Deloitte member firms are regularly consulted by governments of countries who are looking at introducing a REIT regime.
Deloitte member firms also have extensive experience coordinating global audit, tax and other services with a strong track record of seamless, high-quality services and meeting deadlines.
Deloitte aims to help REITs and property companies realize the full potential of their assets and respective businesses. Deloitte can provide services for a wide array of REITs such as public REITs, non-traded REITs, private REITs and mortgage REITs.
Services offered by the member firms to real estate investment trusts and property companies
New REITs and REIT conversion:
- Feasibility studies
- Pre-conversion tax structuring and tax authority clearances
- Capital raising and capital market strategies
- Initial public offering (IPO) readiness
- IPO, registration and offering services
- Accounting support
- Financial statements and internal control audits
- Global equity and debt offering services
- Taxation – international, national, state and local
- REIT compliance
- Finance transformation
- Integration, divestiture and restructuring
- IT systems strategy, selection and implementation
- Valuation – business and property
- M&A transaction services