Commercial Law and Law of Obligations, Real Estate Law
- Corporate law
- Real estate law and Construction law
- Intellectual property law and ICT law
- Water management law
Should you wish to commence business operations in the Czech Republic, or have been successfully conducting business here, your decisions and the internal functioning of your company will be subject to legal regulations that govern corporate law. If you need not only assurance of your compliance with these legal regulations but also of your utilisation thereof to the maximum extent possible in order to fulfil your business plans and to effectively manage your company on a day-to –day basis, contact our experienced lawyers.
How we can help you:
- Establishment of business companies and branches of national and foreign legal entities.
- Establishment and functioning of joint ventures.
- Changes within already existing business companies (e.g., changes of statutory bodies; changes of company’s registered seat, business name, scope of business; or any other changes of the company’s foundation documents), transfers of shares.
- Compliance and corporate secretarial services.
- Increase and decrease of registered capital executed in various forms, additional charges outside equity capital.
- Payment of profit and insolvency tests.
- Share and option plans.
- Possibility for a buy-out of minority shareholders, sale of business or part thereof.
- Legal relationships in holding structures, preparation of controlling reports.
- Full-scope legal assistance in liquidation proceedings.
Real Estate Law and Construction Law
Our services in real estate law include everything - from legal due diligence, procurement of obligatory permits, dealings with authorities and real estate acquisitions - through the preparation of complete transaction documentation, financing, tenders for suppliers - to construction and subsequent sale or lease. Our law firm is an umbrella for the provision of legal services in the real estate area for the whole region of central Europe. In the last three years we were thus able to provide legal services to our clients in connection with transactions in the range of billions of euros.
In the area of construction we will ensure continuous legal support during the implementation of a building project, in our office or straight at the building site. We will advise you on how to respond in a timely and consistent manner to such situations as, eg, newly discovered hidden obstacles, necessity for extra work or threats of the interruption of the development. We will recommend to you the set-up of an effective claim management system during a warranty period for the work.
How we can help you:
- Real estate due diligence.
- Preparation of standard transaction documents according to the structure of the transaction.
- Documentation for the project financing.
- Procurement of necessary permits for the construction.
- Tenders for contractors/service providers.
- Creation of tailored construction contracts (general supply, DB, etc.), expertise in FIDIC.
- Contracts on engineering and architectonical services.
- Facility Management.
- Full-scope legal services in connection with relocation (cancellation of current lease, negotiations of new lease arrangements, etc.).
- Legal assistance in project management on a daily basis (continuous legal support to a project team in the form of a legal help-line or regular visits to a constructions site).
- Claim protection in the course of the development (extra works, time prolongation).
Intellectual Property Law and ICT Law
In intellectual property law we provide comprehensive legal services in setting up the protection of intellectual property rights as part of a company and also in relation to third persons, preparation and review of contractual documentation and upon the registration of these rights with relevant authorities. We provide legal assistance to our clients in the area of the enforcement of intellectual property rights, including their representation in various disputes concerning copyrights, trademark and domain rights and other intellectual property rights. Our services also include intellectual property rights due diligence and advisory in the area of the collective administration of rights.
Our professionals can also guide you through a number of the specific areas of ICT law, including electronic signatures and electronic archiving and legal issues related to data boxes, authorised conversions or financial aspects of payment technologies and financial advisory related to IT and e-Business.
How we can help you:
- Identify the intellectual property rights of your company.
- Protect the intellectual property created by employees or other persons through the identification of existing risks and proposal of suitable solutions.
- Prepare licence and sub-licence contracts, including the registration of licences with the relevant authorities.
- Prepare contracts on industrial property rights assignment, including the registration of these contracts with the relevant authorities.
- Register national, community and international trade marks with the relevant authorities.
- Submit objections against the registration of trademark with the relevant authority.
- Negotiate with collective administrators of copyrights and rights related to payment of author’s fees.
- Carry out a legal due diligence in intellectual property rights in your company, especially for the purpose of making its administration more effective or the purpose of evaluating your company correctly, eg, for merges and acquisitions.
- Assist you in your e-business, including the set-up of optimal structure with ISP.
Water Management Law
We provide legal advice in all areas of water management law, namely we focus on the realisation and operation of water works and the regulation of water piping and sewerage. We also deal in depth with the legal regulation of pisciculture.
The services we offer comprise of the preparation of comprehensive legal analyses of the relationships arising in the area of water management, the preparation of contractual documentation, the creation of supporting documents and representation in administrative and court proceedings and the reviews of pricing and other regulatory issues.
We cooperate with tax advisors and experts in water management and economics and thus we are able to evaluate the topic assigned by you in all required aspects.
How we can help you:
Realisation and operation of water works in connection with:·
- Settlement of property rights attached to land beneath water works, including damages for old water works.
- Preparation of supporting documents for zoning proceedings, construction proceedings, water management clearance proceedings and construction clearance proceedings.
- Preparation of pond lease agreement.
- Procurement of supporting documents for registering water works in the Real Estate Cadastre.
Water piping and sewerage regulation in connection with:
- Assessment of internal processes for compliance with pricing and general water-supply regulations.
- Creation and review of contractual documentation, ie, operational contracts, contracts of owners of operationally related water piping and sewerage and customer contracts.
- Operation of facility water piping and sewerage systems.