Our legal experts assist clients in complex legal disputes, both in the area of civil and public law. However, we try to prevent potential disputes and complications especially by using the tools we develop ourselves for this purpose. If a dispute does arise, we help clients assess their legal position and prepare an effective litigation strategy. We do not promise clients unrealistic results; our strategy also seeks to take into account the client's broader commercial objectives and to limit litigation costs.
Our litigation team combines expertise and years of experience in dispute resolution with Deloitte's broad portfolio of services in other areas of business. It is this close collaboration between our legal experts and other Deloitte specialists in various fields (tax, valuation, forensic services, IT, consulting) that takes our services to the next level and offers clients a truly comprehensive and unique litigation service that can provide a much-needed advantage in the litigation itself.
We have also received numerous awards in both international and Czech rankings, such as The Legal 500, Czech Law Firm of the Year (award in the Highly Recommended Law Firm category), Tax Advisor & Tax Firm of the Year (award won by our colleague Jiřina Procházková in the Tax Administration category) and others. We have also developed automated software tools to ensure compliance with various legal regulations as part of our innovative provision of legal services. For example, we have expanded our Maják software, which helps our clients reduce the risks associated with value added tax frauds.
Our services cover the entire litigation agenda. Our core specialisations include:
- Tax and customs disputes, including representation in administrative
- Disputes with various public institutions (subsidies, employment of
- Commercial disputes including arbitrations
- IP disputes (intellectual property)
- Real Estate disputes (administrative disputes, leases, zoning
- Labour-law disputes
- Criminal liability of legal entities and representation in criminal proceedings
How we can help you:
- Manage all precautions regarding disputes in the contracting process;
- Set up a dispute resolution mechanism (arbitration or prorogation
- Assist you in claim management, including support in enforcing
- Prepare procedural strategies and represent you in tax or customs
proceedings, including administrative litigation;
- Represent you in out-of-court settlement negotiations and assist during a mediation process;
- Represent you before courts and arbitral tribunals and other bodies,
including international arbitration (ICC, LCIA, VIAC, etc.);
- Provide you with legal support during foreclosure / enforcement of judgments; and
- Represent you in insolvency proceedings