Case Study with Google Looker implementation
To be more specific let’s show Modern Reporting in practice – while implementing Google Looker as the main BI technology within the company.
Back End set up as the first step → cloud migration
The international company wanted to migrate in the cloud, but they did not know how to process it → Our Data Engineering team is ready to help in those situations and our cloud experts recommended multi-cloud solution with implementation of Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, so it fits the clients’ requirements the most from various perspective, technical and financial. They deployed the data solution successfully and then our BI team could start with the Frond End part.
Self-serving reporting as the next step
After initial scanning of business requirements and defining so called User Stories, together with the client we have decided to start with Customer 360° reporting since the change requests for you views or dashboards were changing every day.
Regarding the current set up, the client has already chosen Google Looker as the main BI tool but struggled with its connection into the cloud and proper set up of governance.
In a nutshell, the client needed to achieve by this BI tool:
- To increase agility and flexibility of employees in terms of quick response to constantly changing business requirements;
- To reduce time which takes for a business user to retrieve source data from a data warehouse or business intelligence dashboard – lower latency;
- Solution security is the must-have → a data platform of Looker is deployed to the current data solution (the multi-cloud environment), using a secure connection to query your data warehouse directly – there are no intermediate steps in the process of querying the client’s data;
- Looker provides a single point of access for the client’s data, so a robust BI governance infrastructure is ensured at the same time;
- Looker also provides flexible and scalable semantic modeling layer called LookML.
As a result, Customer 360° report was delivered as one of a series…
This Customer 360° was really extensive dashboard with using link references to other its parts. So for this Case Study, we are presenting you the dashboard called “Customer Segmentation”.This dashboard consists of several parts and brings you answers to different questions. Moreover, if you need more views, you can easily switch into the Explore mode to add more attributes or to create your own calculations → for this purpose, you do not need to know SQL or any other programming language.
As a result, you can see for instance these sections:
- Key KPIs – this brings you an overview so you can get a high-level picture of your customers;
- Customers – you can dive into details about your customers;
- Distribution – also geolocation perspective could be projected;
- Customer care – to support your loyalty programs within your retention processes.
This is only a short demonstration of 1 of many use cases – you can read more about Google Looker and its benefits or other aspects here.