Automated Reporting in Finance
Are you struggling with your static-files based reports, or have you already invested your money in making data-driven decisions but still don't know how to get the best out of them?
Or maybe you've just started to get interested in automated reporting, but you need help.
That's why we're here and ready to help you out with automated reporting!
Human resource (HR) management is an important part of any business. However, HR is traditionally a highly manual activity. These manual tasks are usually monotonous and error prone. Moving from static sources to automated sources will save you time, effort and, most importantly, money.
HR Automated Reporting allows your employees to focus more on complex tasks such as decision-making and strategy development and increases the overall efficiency of the entire HR department. By automating standard and repetitive HR activities related to data collection and preparation as inputs to Excel or Power Point reports. Organizations can reduce the cost and time which they spend by manual reports preparation because they can spend this time on other activities.
Let’s dive into our solution:
Large bank was facing the problem of different data sources for their HR reports. Instead of many static reports, our client wanted to have one interactive report that consolidated every important KPIs in one place.
We implemented HR automated reporting by following steps:
- First, we collected all the data from almost 10 system sources (e.g. SAP FI, SAP HR, etc.), we consolidated it, and we put it all in one place, which in our case was the data warehouse that our client already had. For better visibility we have created a special DataMart only for HR, where data flows went through automated ETL processes in the form of business requirements. Business requirements are business needs which we got from workshops with stakeholders. We collected them into different User Stories, which we then transformed into data requirements.
- The next step was to create a tabular model, where all calculations for each KPI were created. After this step users were able to connect to this tabular model which is reusable solution for other future users. Moreover, automated, and scheduled data flows were set up via this direct connection so no manual refreshes were needed by employees.
- Finally, we created an automated user-friendly report in Power BI that was the main BI technology within this bank (We're tool agnostic – read more about it here). We also implemented automated access management (Row-Level Security rules) to ensure data security standards to be met. This report was published to the Power BI cloud (Power BI service) and could be easily shared to other members of organization.
For a demonstration of our HR Automated report, you can go through those three pages – Overview, Recruitment and Employees but in our solution, we may offer many more insights views such as: Learning & Development, Performance Management, Retention & Separation, Diversity and more – based on your business requirements and identified needs.
The Benefits of HR Automated reporting
- Decreasing manual inputs that are prone to errors (human factor).
- Decreasing in costs because of lower total time of reports completion.
- Data-driven insights that help executives make faster and more flexible decisions.
- Helps leaders make decisions to create a better work environment and maximize employee productivity.
- A reporting solution that analyses employees’ information simply and efficiently(Better overview of your employees – in total and detailed view).