About the Webcast
Quantum computing has the potential to change the chemical industry, enabling the discovery of more “sustainable by design” materials and processes. What is possible today, and what must wait until we have universal quantum computers with more qubit power and control? Separate the hype from reality in a virtual session hosted by AWS and Deloitte quantum computing and chemical industry experts.
We will explore the potential use of quantum computing along the value chain of a chemical company. Dive into two use cases: simulating properties of molecules and solving optimization problems with quantum computers. We will premiere the new Deloitte Quantum Climate Challenge related to the chemical industry.
- Quantum computing as a game changer in the chemical industry
- Quantum computing with Amazon Braket & console live demo
- Quantum chemistry use case (VQE for ground state energy estimate)
- Optimization use case (QAOA algorithm and its applications)
- Deloitte Quantum Climate Challenge 2023
- Q&A session
- Dr. Renata Jovanovic: Partner, Global Quantum Ambassador and Consulting Business Lead Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Germany
- Barbara Wellmann: Leader Deloitte Quantum.Link, Germany
- Dr. Martin Suchara: Senior Manager Quantum SA
- Dr. Aoyu Zhang: Senior Applied Scientist
Thursday, 10 November 2022
3:00–5:00 p.m. CET
Add to calendar
You can register for the webcast here. The participation is free of charge.
Important information regarding the process
Zoom is a leading tool in modern corporate video communications. It is certified by several independent testing organizations who confirm that it meets Deloitte’s requirements for processing confidential information. Functions that do not meet these requirements such as file transfer and attention tracking are disabled at Deloitte. In addition, all data at Deloitte are transmitted via encrypted channels using secure protocols.