2018 Global Aerospace & Defense Outlook
On a solid profitable growth path
The 2018 Global aerospace and defense industry outlook analyzes the commercial aircraft and defense sectors and identifies key trends ahead.
The year 2017 closed with 2.1 percent revenue growth. Can this year be better? This year's outlook predicts the global aerospace and defense (A&D) industry to strengthen with Deloitte forecasting revenues to grow by about 4.1 percent.
Key trends from the 2018 study — an overview
- The commercial aircraft subsector is expected to grow 4.8 percent.
- The annual production of new aircrafts is likely to increase by 25 percent over the next decade
- Global defense sector revenues are expected to grow 3.6 percent due to an uncertain future and global powers revisiting their defense postures.
- Governments in India, Russia, and China increased their expenses on defense — remaining top spending nation in 2016 still is the US.
More key findings:
- The M&A sector is expected to remain strong.
- The military expenditures in America, Europe and Asia vary. Whilst the expenses in America declined by 18.9 percent, the spending in Asia increased.
Download the full report for further information and a closer look on the topic.