Blockchain consortia in the financial services industry
Both allies and competitors have begun working together in consortia, typically to set standards to enable the development of new infrastructures. In most areas this is key to effectively implement blockchain technology in certain market segments.
- More than 40 consortia have been formed globally — most of them in the past six months.
- Clearly most consortia thus far are in financial services.
- Policymakers, regulators, and central banks are beginning to join or found and lead blockchain consortia.
Besides payment services, securitisation and other credit treasury products as well as investment management are most promising use cases for the blockchain technology and smart contracts. Read
- ‘blockchain in securitisation’
- ‘blockchain in securitisation and other credit treasury transactions’ event in January 2018
- ‘blockchain in investment management’
for further information.