Moving Beyond Marketing
Generating social business value across the enterprise
The fourth annual research study by MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte probes executives’ views of what drives digital transformation. The report is based on responses from 4,800 business executives across 27 industries and 129 countries, and incorporates interviews with executives and thought leaders from a number of industries.
This year's research indicates that digital transformation isn't really about the technologies. Businesses at the leading edge aren't focusing solely on social, mobile, analytics, and cloud. Instead, they're integrating these technologies in the service of transforming how their businesses work.
Highlights from the 2015 report include:
- Digital strategy drives digital maturity
- The power of a digital transformation strategy lies in its scope and objectives
- Maturing digital organizations build skills to realize the strategy
- Employees want to work for digital leaders
- Taking risks becomes a cultural norm
- The digital agenda is led from the top
Highlights from the 2014 report include:
- Social business is perceived as important both today and in the future
- Employees want to work for companies that excel at social business
- Measurement sophistication is starting to prove the value
- Social business maturity is related to the level of results companies achieve
- Companies can fuel social business maturity by focusing on its three primary drivers:
- Using social business data in decisions
- Having a leadership vision premised on the belief that social can fundamentally change the business
- Moving social business beyond marketing to realize that vision
Visit the U.S. Page page for more details on this report and related content.
2013 Social business study: Shifting out of first gear
Explore the findings of the second annual global study, conducted in collaboration with MIT Sloan Management Review, to gain fresh insight into the social business landscape today and discover how some businesses are reaping value.
Download the 2013 report at left or view the related infographic.