Deloitte recognized as a global leader in IT operations consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 1 March 2019—ALM Intelligence has ranked Deloitte as the undisputed leader in the report, entitled IT Operations Consulting 2018. On IT operations consulting, Laura Becker, analyst, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte emphasizes the view that technology is the business strategy for an organization. A key focus for Deloitte is to monetize enterprise agility and strategic technology investments to create shareholder value.”
Becker adds, “To accomplish this, Deloitte sees the core disciplines of technology as having to innovate at a more rapid pace and change the technology operating model from one producing projects to one producing products. As such, Deloitte is shifting its service offerings to help clients evolve into an organization focused on measuring and delivering value with the CIO as a strategic technology provider, not a service provider.”
“Technology is the strategic opportunity of our time,” says John Tweardy, principal, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, Deloitte Consulting LLP. “Deloitte is re-imagining the relationship between business and technology and driving deeper shareholder value for clients. Deloitte is proud to be recognized by ALM for leading this convergence and for our cutting-edge approach to the market.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for IT Operations consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, IT Operations Consulting is defined as “consulting focused on providers’ service offerings and capabilities during a period of great transformation of the IT function and the role of the CIO.”
Additional report findings
- “Deloitte works with the client to mobilize, manage, measure and incentivize resources to execute the strategy by formulating a team for the client with vast depth and capabilities, including those from Technology, Strategy and Business Transformation practice, Technology Transformation and Operations, Enterprise Operations and importantly, Human Capital, which has a specific IT Transformation team to ensure the right resources and organizational structures are deployed to effectively execute the strategy. With a key focus on monetizing enterprise agility and strategic technology investments to create shareholder value, Deloitte is keen on performance management and KPIs to ensure progression. For instance, Deloitte's Future of Work tools support the breadth of workforce transformation, including organization design, leadership and workforce mobility and monitoring performance for management.”
- “Deloitte’s advanced platforms, solutions, tools and accelerators provide the client with a full range of options to help clients achieve, sustain and refresh the solution. Deloitte’s set of tools and accelerators enabling the future technology operating models and the business and technology agenda are vast. They include agile transformation tools developed for lean flow engagements, the Technology Operating Model Tool Set, which includes a Technology Capability Model, an IT Maturity Assessment Model, a Technology Capability Online Assessment Tool, Technology Operating Model in a Box, Technology Operating Model Transformation Roadmaps, and a Thin IT™ Toolkit. Deloitte’s Cloud Transformation Tools map to each phase of a client’s cloud journey including Cloud Suitability and Placement (CSP) and Cloud Value Calculator for strategy, Cloud Workbench and PMO Central for implementation, the ATADATA suite for migration and OpenCloud for sustainable management.”
- “Deloitte goes to market with the approach that technology is the business strategy. Deloitte honed its approach to focus sharply on current pain points and disruptors for its clients, which include speed and volatility, customer empowerment, convergence and data proliferation with technology at the core of the disruption. Deloitte uses new ways of working, talent shifts, and disruptive technology combined with the [networks’] aims to help clients create a business transformation agenda by reimaging technology. Reimagining technology means several things to Deloitte and is looked at through the following lenses, such as the future of work, operating model agility, business and technology strategy and strategic technology investment. This process leads to a next-level, digitally-enabled enterprise with continuous technological innovation at its core, becoming a primary influence on business strategy and value-creation models.”
- “A key focus for Deloitte is to monetize enterprise agility and strategic technology investments to create shareholder value. The end game is to unlock and preserve shareholder value. To accomplish this, Deloitte believes the core discipline of technology needs to innovate at a more rapid pace to change the operating model from one producing projects to one producing products, and ultimately to borderless tech and Thin IT™ within a lean ecosystem. As such, Deloitte is shifting its service offerings to help clients evolve. The role of the CIO is vital to integrating the transformation and providing service delivery along with end-to- end DevOps expansion. But the role of the CIO must pivot from service provider to business co-creator and a move from IT delivery to technology-empowerment must occur across the organization.”
- “Deloitte delivers IT operations consulting capabilities through myriad practices, including the Technology, Strategy and Business Transformation practice, Technology Transformation and Operations, Enterprise Operations and Human Capital, which has a specific IT Transformation team. In response to market disruption and client needs, Deloitte recently merged its Technology Strategy and Corporate Business unit strategy groups with the knowledge that technology is broad across the enterprise and a C-suite level issue. Deloitte still regularly conducts CEO and CIO Labs as part of its C-suite level strategy initiatives.”
- “Deloitte’s January acquisition of ATADATA, an asset-based purchase, deepens Deloitte’s capabilities in a significant area of client need – that of cloud migration. ATADATA’s suite of tools enables cloud management, providing Deloitte with significantly more in-depth cloud capabilities. Deloitte has leveraged the ATADATA acquisition to build a platform for broader technology transformation capabilities.”
- “In the past year, Deloitte has significantly enhanced its IT operations service offerings while sticking to its core tenet that the augmented capabilities must respond to evolving market needs. Deloitte’s service delivery model centers on capabilities focused on creating the future technology operating model: reimagining technology, meaning delivering on the promise of technology, business strategy, analytics, agility, customer experience, digital, human capital, borderless technology and Thin IT™. They also have a unique the Future of Work model, which revolves around changes in technology, humans and machines, and digital service delivery, lean ecosystem and cloud migration factory.”
- “These capabilities are designed to assist clients through business and technology transformations to ensure that the redesigned technology operating model will enhance revenue and shareholder value. CIOs are in various stages of transforming their operating model from traditional IT to the technology of the future. The evolution from a project-oriented model (focused on project delivery with the CIO as a service provider) to a product-oriented model (focused on organization measuring and delivering value, technology delivered as a service and CIO as a strategic technology partner) to the ultimate goal of borderless technology and Thin IT™ (whereby IT is a co-creator with the business focused on orchestrating and delivering technology services enterprise-wide) with a lean ecosystem technology value chain running with agile, DevOps and a circle of suppliers, consumers, vendors and other partners to deliver technology solutions.”
- “Deloitte’s tools and accelerators enable future technology operating models in conjunction with the vast business and technology agendas, which include significant agile transformation tools developed for lean flow engagements. Deloitte’s Technology Operating Model Tool Set includes a Technology Capability Model, an IT Maturity Assessment Model, a Technology Capability Online Assessment Tool, Technology Operating Model in a Box, Technology Operating Model Transformation Roadmaps, and a Thin IT™ Toolkit. Deloitte’s Cloud Transformation Tools map to each phase of a client’s cloud journey, using Cloud Suitability and Placement (CSP) and Cloud Value Calculator for strategy, Cloud Workbench and PMO Central for implementation, the ATADATA suite for migration and OpenCloud for sustainable management. Deloitte’s Future of Work tools support the breadth of workforce transformation including organization design, leadership and workforce mobility.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 286,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.