How do we manage and maintain the IP addresses in our network in an effective manner?
IP address management is far too often done manually by spreadsheet or other tools. This is not only time-consuming but also leads to mistakes that can be costly to the company. The most common mistakes with IP address management are:
- Manual IP address management in spreadsheets are often error prone. These minor human mistakes might seem insignificant at first but can eventually lead to bigger network issues and costly downtime if not corrected.
- Manual maintenance of IP data in spreadsheets makes it difficult to search for IP details and thus it becomes difficult to maintain an audit trail of what IP was assigned to which device and what IP address has been changed.
- Maintenance of spreadsheets or other manual tools is time-consuming and takes up time from other core tasks.
- Not updated IP records leads to non-reassigned IP address, resulting in a duplication of the IP address assignment.
Functions & Requirements
- Automated IP address tracking
- Integrated DHCP, DNS, and IP address management
- IP address alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting
- Multi-vendor on-prem and cloud DHCP and DNS support
- IP Request Form for streamlining and automating IP address requests
- API support with CRUD operations for two-way integration with third-party software.
Call or email our experts to know more about SolarWinds or IP adress management.