How do we manage privileged accounts in an effective and secure way?
Privileged account management is a core activity in securing the organisation's overall cybersecurity. Privileged accounts access sensitive data and systems, making them significantly vulnerable to inside threats or outside attackers wanting to take advantage. A key challenge is thus to spot anomalies from normal behaviour of these accounts and to take action before it is too late. Some of the challenges regarding this can be:
- Lack of real-time data, alarms and notifications when anomalies are detected makes it difficult to take action before it is too late
- No framework of standards for 'suspicious or threatening' behaviour makes it difficult to prioritise which breaches to fix first
- Management of accounts in multiple solutions leads to lack of aggregated overview
- Manual management of privileged accounts is time-consuming and error prone leading to anomalies flying 'under the radar'.
Functions & Requirements
- Detailed snapshot of privileged account activity
- Real-time behaviour pattern recognition
- Threat scoring to prioritise issues
- Map view of privileged users and related accounts
- Configurable alerts
- Controls to manually increase sensitivity for specific users or accounts.
Learn more about Privileged Behaviour Analytics here (PDF).
Read more about system requirements here (PDF).