The close business relationship prevailing between Germany and Italy is based on the countries‘ strong similarities in respect of history, politics and culture, thus forming the ideal basis for common economic activities.
According to the DIHK in Berlin, Italy is Germany's fifth most important trading partner. For Italy, Germany is even the most important trading partner with 16.3 percent of Italian exports in 2019 (57 million euros). German exports to Italy amounted to more than 68 million euros in 2019.
The five most important Italian trade regions for Germany are Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Piemont and Lazio; the most important trade goods of the two countries are, in addition to motor vehicles and motor vehicle parts, mainly chemical products, machinery and food.
Deloittel Legal’s Italian desk supports companies located in Germany and Italy with their cross-border operations in all commercial law-related issues, from the foundation of companies and/or affiliates to the expansion of economic activities.
Being composed of team members mastering German and Italian, who are perfectly familiar with both legal systems and are closely attached to both cultures, Deloitte Legal Germany’s Italian desk is in a perfect position to offer its clients comprehensive and profound legal advice and support.
The Italian desk’s service portfolio includes:
- Cross-border advice related to corporate and labor law
- Cross-border contract negotiations
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions of companies (incl. Due Diligence Reports (Buyer- and Seller Side)
- Assistance in drafting contracts in connection with the establishment of a foreign (subsidiary) company (managing director employment contracts, contracts with employees, customization of Code of Conduct conditions, advice on employment conditions in the respective other country)
- Other aspects of civil and commercial law in Italy and Germany