Business Integrity & Compliance
Avoiding potential Liability Situation for Individuals and Corporations
The potential liability situation for both individuals and corporations has drastically worsened - coupled with increasingly serious consequences:
- Monetary penalties as well as imprisonment for individuals
- Massive fines for corporations
- Loss of reputation
- Imposed monitorship
Business integrity facilitates the realization of lawful conduct of board members and employees.
Deloitte Legal offers a „Business Integrity Program for Corporate Executives“ which ensures the mitigation and prevention of (liability) risks. The program aims to systematically identify the potential liability situation (Business Integrity Assessment) and to take appropriate countermeasures (Compliance Capacity Building). Within our approach we use the company-specific risk environment as a point of reference and develop customized programs in consideration of the international legal situation and based on the economic condition of the corporation.
While prohibition-driven compliance programs are implemented to prevent sanctions, a business-driven approach is perceived as value-enhancing and ultimately recognized as a competitive advantage – rather not as an obstacle or cost center. We advise German and international companies and support the implementation of a deeply entrenched integrity culture in order to contribute to the long-term corporate success.
Our service offerings at a glance:
- Business risk assessment and business integrity
- Up to date criminological insights and detailed know-how of current jurisdiction and legislative proposals
- Proactive risk reviews and investigations
- Periodic reviews and compliance testing
- Anti-corruption prevention