Mergers and Acquisitions
As experienced legal advisors we focus on the analysis of the clients' businesses. It enables us to ensure M&A transactions to be carried out properly.
We support and advise our clients from the very inception of the transaction – ie, from the outline of the basic acquisition concept – through the strategic planning and legal due diligence stages, the preparation and negotiation of contractual documentation and post-acquisition steps. Through cooperation with experts from Deloitte’s other functions, we are able to provide a wide range of integrated services covering all aspects of the transactions, not only in Estonia.
How we can help you:
- Support you in planning and executing acquisition due diligence projects.
- Advise you on an optimal legal structure of the acquisition transaction.
- Prepare all contractual documents and carry out necessary negotiations with a counter-party.
- Support you in other legal matters and steps related to the purchase or sale of assets, business or capital interest or the establishment of a joint venture, including the transaction conclusion and settlement and potential post-acquisition integration.
- Procure licences and approvals from state authorities required for the acquisition or restructuring of a company.
Mergers and Restructuring
Our corporate team has implemented a number of corporate restructurings and mergers for clients, both within the Estonia and across borders. We guarantee minimal financial costs and time investment, standardised requirements for supporting documentation, and an effective analytical process in the legal due diligence and contractual documentation preparation phase: these practices markedly reduce the time spent by the client’s management on the related steps.
How we can help you:
Prepare comprehensive legal scenarios (including drafting all necessary legal documents) and execute all steps in mergers, de-mergers, absorptions, transformations, buy-outs of minority shareholders, spinoffs and acquisitions of any form (sales of businesses or their part, asset deals etc.).
- Carry out initial analyses of the legal aspects of the planned restructuring, including proposal of convenient solutions and realisation scenarios, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each solution.
- Assist with the identification of the most convenient restructuring project, provide guidance regarding the strategy of the transaction including its risk management, project finance issues and cost-effectiveness and take over the full scope management of the transaction.
- Procure licences and approvals from state authorities with respect to company restructuring.
- Provide comprehensive legal assistance in the mergers and acquisitions implementation, bankruptcy proceedings or company’s liquidation.
CEE Legal Advisors League Table