Last updated: May 2018
Privacy information to visitors and users of Deloitte.fi and related services
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries. Therefore, please read this statement carefully in order to understand how we process personal data.
Please find an overview of this statement below:
- Data we may collect about you and for which purposes
- From whom do we collect your personal data?
- The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data
- Who do we share your personal data with and why?
- Who do we transfer your personal data to?
- How long do we store your data?
- Your rights
- Revision of our privacy notice
1. Data we may collect about you and for which purposes
In addition to the information you choose to disclose to us, we may collect your name, e-mail address, employment details such as company, title, role and position, your IP address, and details on how you use our products and services, details on how you interact with us and similar information. We collect this information for the following purposes:
- to manage and improve our Website
- to tailor the content of our Website to provide you with a more personalised experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website.
2. From whom do we collect your personal data?
Please note that the other country and regional websites available within deloitte.com are provided by other entities within the Deloitte Network and are not provided by us. Such websites, as well as other websites that may be linked to this Website, are not governed by this privacy statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements on these other websites before disclosing any personal information.
3. The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data
We are required by law to set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal data.
As a result, we use your personal data for the purposes outlined above because: (a) of our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our services to you; (b) of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests; (c) of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; or (d) the information is required in order to provide our services to you.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with certain marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials where we have obtained such consent from you.
You may, at any time, ask us not to send marketing information to you by following the unsubscribe instructions in communications or e-mailing email@example.com.
4. Who do we share your personal data with and why?
In connection with one or more purposes outlined above, your personal data may be disclosed to and shared with the following recipients: Public authorities, our professional advisors (e.g. auditor and legal advisors), service providers; IT-providers including cloud services providers; and other Deloitte entities.
Our Website hosts various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
5. Who do we transfer your personal data to?
Transfer of personal data to data processors
We may transfer your personal data disclosed by or collected from you to other Deloitte entities. We may also transfer your data to IT providers, including cloud service providers, or to vendors of external services, who process and/or store the personal data on our behalf.
Transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside the EU/EEA
We may transfer your personal data disclosed by or collected from you to recipients located in countries outside the EU/EEA for the purposes listed in section 1. In such case, the legal basis for the international transfer is either EU’s Model Clause Agreement, the US Privacy Shield Certification, or Deloitte’s Binding Corporate Rules when applicable.
6. How long do we store your data?
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of:
- the period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- any retention period that is required by law; or
- the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
In relation to our newsletter, you may ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe function in the communication or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your rights
Subject to the conditions set out in the applicable data protection legislation, you enjoy the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to restriction of processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to objection to the processing of your personal data
Please note that these rights are not absolute, as they should be balanced against legal requirements and Deloitte’s legitimate interests.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: Tietosuojavaltuutetun toimisto (Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman).
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions in regards to the protection of your personal data or if you wish to exercise your legal rights.
Porkkalankatu 24, PL 122, 00181 Helsinki
9. Revision of our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and thus the notice may be subject to changes from time to time. The date of the latest revision of the privacy notice can be found on the top of the page. Any new modified or amended privacy notice will apply as per the revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.