Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and global trade issues around the globe.
- Colombia: The VAT return form for non-resident service providers is now available in English and Spanish.
- Colombia: The VAT exemption for exported services only applies to services exclusively utilized abroad.
- Colombia: The tax authorities have established the rules and validations for electronic invoicing.
- Angola: VAT will come into force on 1 July 2019, with a phased implementation.
- Finland: The Finnish Tax Administration has updated guidance regarding radio and television broadcasting services, electronic services, and telecommunications services, and the VAT special scheme (the Mini One Stop Shop).
- France: There is a new form to VAT register foreign entities not established in France.
- France: New information must be reported on VAT returns for VAT registered entities.
- Germany: The Annual Tax Act 2018, includes measures that implement the first part of the EU VAT e-commerce package into domestic law.
- Greece: There are changes to the VAT treatment of telecommunications, broadcasting, and electronically-supplied services.
- Greece: There is a draft bill on B2G e-invoicing.
- Greece: A circular has been issued on the VAT treatment of rebates paid by pharmaceutical companies to social insurance organizations.
- Hungary: The tax authorities' audits will focus on companies that are subject to the obligation to provide real-time invoice data but which have not fulfilled their liabilities.
- Iceland: There are a number of VAT amendments.
- Ireland: Taxpayers should monitor rulings issued to them by Revenue in light of the five year validity period.
- Ireland: There is an update to the Vehicle Registrations Tax (VRT) Manual.
- Ireland: The Minister of Finance has announced an intention to implement a postponement scheme for import VAT.
- Italy: The tax authorities have clarified the VAT treatment of the "portfolio management of investment in real estate".
- Italy: The procedures and terms to benefit from the "facilitated definition" for import VAT have been published.
- Italy: There are operative instructions concerning the application of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement.
- Italy: There will be a review of authorizations released under the Community Customs Code.
- Italy: There have been clarifications regarding the excise duty return.
- The Netherlands: The Government plans to launch an internet consultation on new legislation on reduced VAT rates for e-publications.
- Poland: The European Commission has approved the mandatory split payment mechanism for Poland.
- Portugal: A decision has been published by the arbitration court on the VAT treatment of early contract termination payments.
- Portugal: There are new requirements for the filing of annual statements and the SAFT-T (PT) file.
- Portugal: There are new rules for invoicing, software certification, maintaining accounting elements, and the storage of invoices.
- South Africa: A bill includes provisions for administration of carbon tax.
- Switzerland: The tax authorities have recently amended administrative guidance on a number of VAT issues.
- Switzerland: Switzerland and the UK have signed a post-Brexit trade agreement.
- Tunisia: Certain tax incentives for exporters will no longer apply from 1 January 2021.
- Ukraine: The VAT and customs duty exemptions for space industry enterprises have been extended until 1 January 2023.
- United Kingdom: A case has considered the VAT treatment of loyalty schemes.
- United Kingdom: The Making Tax Digital pilot opens to VAT groups.