Deloitte at Davos: WEF Annual Meeting 2015 | Deloitte | Global reports, insights, services, and solutions has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte at Davos 2015
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting (held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and typically referred to as Davos) presents a yearly opportunity to gauge the world’s perspective on pressing economic and social issues. Global leaders participate in a variety of panel discussions and private events, addressing topics at the forefront of the world agenda.
The Annual Meeting in Davos is an incredible convening center for global stakeholders and an opportunity to share perspectives on the issues facing global business and beyond. In 2015, Deloitte’s delegation convened in Davos from 21-24 January along with business and government leaders from around the globe to address the theme "The new global context".
In 2015, Deloitte continued to focus on the role of business in society; a theme which was originally introduced in 2012 and has consistently been built on since then. This year we specifically focused on the role that business can play in solving big issues in collaboration with other stakeholders.
Once again leveraging the ‘InnovationLive’ concept used in 2013 and 2014, this year DeloitteDavosLive engaged participants in an immersive experience under the overarching theme “#ImpactThatMatters”. The Millennial generation is a key voice on this topic, and Deloitte released the results of the 2015 Millennial Survey ahead of Davos.
The Deloitte delegation at Davos included:
- Catherine Engelbert, U.S. Audit Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Yoriko Goto, Managing Partner, Financial Services Industry, Deloitte Japan
- Alain Pons, CEO, Deloitte France
- David Sproul, CEO, Deloitte UK
- Punit Renjen, Chairman of the Board, Deloitte LLP
Steve Almond, DTTL Chairman, additionally participated and represented Deloitte in the Community of Chairmen meeting at Davos.
Deloitte has been selected to serve as an official project advisor to seven Forum projects this year. Deloitte project advisors in attendance at Davos participated in high-level discussions and shared thought leaderships pieces on current global issues for their respective projects:
- Jacques Buith, Risk and Responsibility in a Hyper-connected World
- Chip Cottrell, Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI): Designing Corruption out of the System
- Duane Dickson, Collaborative Innovation: Future of Bio-refineries and Energy Harnessing
- John Levis, Competitiveness Lab- Latin America
- Pradeep Prabhala, Re-designing Development Finance
- Jeffrey Carbeck, Vice-Chair, Global Agenda Council on the Future of Chemicals & Biotechnology
- Jolyon Barker, Disruptive Innovation in Financial Services
Watch the recorded press conference
John Levis, Global Chief Innovation Officer and Regional Managing Director Americas Region, discusses Competitiveness Lab: Bridging Latin America’s Skills and Innovation Gap report during the WEF press conference.