The public’s financial literacy.
When will life insurance become common practice?
Moscow, Russia, 9 March 2016. Deloitte CIS will hold a round table titled "The public’s financial literacy. When will life insurance become common practice?" on 10 March.
This round table is aimed at establishing a dialogue among the market constituents on combining their efforts in promoting financial literacy with regard to life insurance.
The participants will discuss the demand for life insurance products, the role of the government and the private sector in the promotion of the life insurance market, and the relevance of life insurance products in the climate of economic uncertainty.
Ani Aslanyan, an independent expert and moderator of the round table: "The insurance market today faces the challenge of improving the public’s financial literacy through an extensive promotion of its services. The market constituents should focus on changing the status quo with regard to the public’s current personal finance practices".
The event will be attended by:
- A.P.Torshin, State Secretary, Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, Deputy Chairman of the Central Auditing Commission of the All-Russia People’s Front;
- V.V. Klimov, member of the Russian State Duma, manager of the All-Russia People’s Front’s "For the rights of the borrowers" project;
- A.A. Grigorievich, Chairman of the Expert Council on the Financial Literacy in Noncredit Financial Institutions at the Central Bank of the Russian Federation;
- A. V. Kolankov, Head of the Financial Literacy and Interaction with Civil Society Institutions Service to Protect the Rights of Consumers of Financial Services and Minority Shareholders, Bank of Russia;
- O.N. Shcherbakova, Head of Sberbank Corporate University’s School of Finance;
- A. V. Zelentsova, Strategic Coordinator of the "Assistance with increasing the public’s level of financial literacy and developing financial education in the Russian Federation" project, curated by the Russian Ministry of Finance and the World Bank;
- A. M. Zaretskiy, Head of the Association of Life Insurers;
- M. B. Chernin, Chairman and CEO, LLC Insurance Company Sberbank Life Insurance;
- M.V. Danilov, CEO, VTB Strakhovanie;
- O.M. Kiselev, Chairman and CEO, LLC PPF Strakhovanie Zhizni;
- S.V. Pereligin, President of the LLC Holding Renaissance Life;
- V.V. Chernikov, Chairman and CEO, Ingosstrakh-Zhizn Insurance Company LLC;
- A.A. Tsiganov, Head of the Department of Insurance of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation; and
- P. A.Samiev, Managing partner of the National Agency for Financial Studies (NAFI).
The round table will take place at 11:00 on 10 March 2016 at 5 Lesnaya Street, Building B.
To register for the event and receive media accreditation, contact Marina Kudryavtseva:
tel.: +7 (495) 787 06 00 01, ext. 8009
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has in the region of 210,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.