Accelerating innovation and cross-sector collaboration
The Deloitte network is committed to strengthening the humanitarian system and disaster response, and believes business has an important role to play in this ecosystem. Deloitte member firm professionals make an impact by collaborating across sectors, using their skills to co-create and implement innovative solutions, and contributing financial donations to crisis relief efforts.
- How Deloitte supports the global humanitarian agenda
- Case studies
- Research and insights
- Deloitte at the World Humanitarian Summit
- Related topics
How Deloitte supports the global humanitarian agenda
The increasing frequency, scale and complexity of humanitarian crises are inescapable. Populations around the world are becoming ever more vulnerable to the effects of disasters, conflicts, and global instability. While humanitarian actors work to support people affected by these crises, and restore sustainable livelihoods, resources are severely limited. Faced with these challenges, the humanitarian sector has recognized the urgent need for new ways of working.
The Deloitte network’s focus is on providing the humanitarian sector with the same skills and expertise provided to clients every day by contributing pro-bono skills and expertise to help address the sector’s most pressing challenges. By collaborating with local, national and international actors, Deloitte member firms bring together new combinations of expertise to co-create innovative solutions to make an impact.
The Deloitte network also contributes generously in the wake of crises and natural disasters. Cash donations are often provided to support immediate relief and recovery efforts. The network made donations during the Ebola outbreak in Africa, and to the natural disasters in the Balkans, China, Nepal, the Philippines, and the US.
The Deloitte network has supported organizations in the humanitarian sector in leadership and talent development, scenario planning, strategy, business process mapping, data analytics, information management, technology development, supply chain, and logistics.
Click on the links below to read about projects delivered:
- Strengthening female leadership capabilities for humanitarian response with the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Creating a supply chain and logistics framework to enable Oxfam New Zealand to reach remote communities in the Pacific Islands more effectively
- Improving inter agency information management and coordination in humanitarian response with the International Organization for Migration
- Using vanguard technologies to report emerging atrocities with AtrocityWatch
- Strengthening humanitarian leadership with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Scaling humanitarian response in times of crises with Save the Children International
Research and insights
The Deloitte network has published a number of research papers on humanitarian innovation and the value of collaboration between the humanitarian and private sectors.
Deloitte at the World Humanitarian Summit
With humanitarian crises reaching an unprecedented level of scale and complexity, the United Nations convened the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul on 23-24 May. Deloitte is committed to supporting this global call to action and Deloitte professionals participated in the Summit and engaged in dialogue with leaders across government, civil society, and business to help alleviate suffering around the world. Read more here.
Deloitte Center for Crisis Management
The Deloitte Center for Crisis Management helps clients uncover an unforeseen advantage by helping them prepare for, respond to, and emerge stronger from any major crisis. Find out more here: