The life sciences sector is on the verge of a massive transformation —now more than ever due to the COVID-19 outbreak, especially placing the pharma and biotech companies under the scanner. From embracing a strategic approach to patient centricity to leveraging real-world evidence (RWE) for advancing potential therapies; and defining value and pricing of COVID-19 treatment to the changing role of genomics in mental health, the outlook for various verticals across the sector is making a shift. However, pharma companies will look to drive growth through digital partnerships across the value chain and by expansion of research areas such as cell and gene therapies amidst the post- pandemic economic slowdown.
As the industry looks to invest in a “new normal”, it is imperative to bring a fresh perspective on the critical issues impacting the pharma and biotech companies such as the pharma pricing and politics, the potential of real-world evidence, and the opportunities and challenges of unconventional partnerships and collaborations across the new healthcare landscape.
FT US Pharma and Biotech Summit brings together leaders from across the industry to discuss these trends and create a successful life sciences ecosystem for a post-COVID world.
Key issues to be addressed at the conference:
- Pharma Pricing and Politics: How will COVID-19 reset the drug pricing debate?
- Mission critical: Unlocking the potential of Real-World Evidence (RWE)
- Unconventional partnerships and collaborations in pharma
- From patient centricity to true patient collaboration
- New approaches for a new age of mental health
- Future of cell and gene therapies