EMEA Dbriefs Legal
Explore the latest webcasts
Staying on top of all the legal issues for your day-to-day activities and corporate life events in many jurisdictions is a challenge, especially in this current environment. That's why Deloitte Legal launched Dbriefs, live webcasts, to help you gain insights on key legal trends and critical issues affecting your global business operations.
Companies In Financial Difficulties - EU Restructuring Directive And Its Implementation In The Member States
Wednesday 2 February 2022, 13.00 GMT/14.00 CET
Host: Frank Tschentscher
Presenters: Marie Waechter, Bernhard Koeck, Ruben Kamerling
On 20 June 2019, the European Union adopted the Directive 2019/1023, on restructuring and insolvency (‘the Directive’), making it mandatory for EU Member States to offer a "preventive restructuring framework" for companies in distress. In part, the Directive is a reaction to the forum shopping phenomenon observed in European companies in financial crisis but also responding to a lack of pre-insolvency proceedings in restructuring regimes of many EU member states. How might this affect your organisation? We’ll discuss:
- An overview of the content and scope of the Directive.
- Current status of implementation into national legislation.
- Key features of the respective implementation laws of:
- The implications for companies in distress (and their creditors).
Keep up to date with this developing area.
Pay Equity In A Global Context: Key Topics And Trends For An Equitable Workplace
Thursday 10 February 2022, 14.00 GMT/15.00 CET (originally scheduled for 7 December 2021)
Host: Nicolaas Vermandel
Presenters: Kathryn Dooks, Wendy Van Hullebusch, Jessica Kearsey
and Robert O’Hara, Ann Knuckles Mahoney (Epstein Becker Green)
More and more companies focus on pay equity for a number of motives, such as ESG, employer branding, talent attraction and increased legal scrutiny.
Organisations should be mindful of pay discrepancies that might still exist
within job bands and analyse them based on gender, race, sexual orientation and other categories protected by law as any missteps can be very damaging. What changes might your organisation still need to make? We’ll discuss:
- Key components of a pay equity audit, including the importance of conducting an audit under legal privilege.
- Latest pay equity trends.
- A global overview of evolving pay equity laws and legislation, with a focus on the US, UK and Canada.
Learn more about the pay equity audit landscape.
Back To Work, Back To The Office
On demand, aired 29 September 2021
Host: Ivana Azzollini
Presenters: Fernando Bazan, Andrew Howard, Jennifer Barna (Epstein Becker Green)
The post pandemic environment has triggered a variety of issues, which need to be addressed when starting to plan return to work procedures. Join our experts from Europe, Israel and US, along with our guest speaker from Epstein Becker Green, for their global insights. What does your organisation need to consider when organising an office return? We’ll discuss:
- Green pass (or equivalent) issues in the employment environment: workplace and common spaces.
- Data protection issues on collection and treatment of green pass (or equivalent).
- Alternative options: between new organisation and the pursuit of performance.
- What’s hot: case law and more.
Understand how you can lead your organisation through the transition back to the office.