Explore the latest webcasts
Staying on top of all the legal issues for your day-to-day activities and corporate life events in many jurisdictions is a challenge, especially in this current environment. That's why Deloitte Legal launched Dbriefs, live webcasts, to help you gain insights on key legal trends and critical issues affecting your global business operations.
There are no upcoming webcasts
Powers of the trade unions and staff representatives in the company: A comparative approach of the constraints of the employer in different jurisdictions
11 December 2019
Host: Nathalie Pequiman
Presenters: Fernando Azar, Klaus Heeke, Jolin Song, and Julia Torres
Freedom of union association is warranted in most jurisdictions. Within the company, this freedom may conflict with the freedom of entreprise. This Dbriefs webcast aims at presenting and understanding the extent of the trade unions/staff representatives' powers in the company and at comparing the constraints borne by the employer in different jurisdictions, including Brazil, China, France, Germany, and Spain. It would address the following key points:
- Do the trade unions/staff representatives have a right to be informed and/or consulted on all or part of the employer's decisions?
- Do they have a right to a co-determination of the employer's strategy?
- Are they entitled to negotiate with the employer to create rules applicable in the company?
- What are their means to operate at the workplace, e.g., via email, website, specific premises, etc.?
- What is the limit to their freedom of speech?
- Do they have legal capacity to bring a claim before the court/competent authorities in their name or in the name of the individual employees or together with the individual employees?
- Is there any mandatory requirement for the employer to allocate the funds for the trade union activities?
Our Deloitte Legal specialists will enable the auditors to have a better idea of how to address and handle trade unions/staff representatives' claims at the workplace in various jurisdictions.
Certificate of Attendance
A standard Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants of the Dbriefs Legal webcast programme. Please be advised that participants will consult their CLE / CPD / CPE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for viewing our webcast programme.