Explore the latest webcasts
Staying on top of all the legal issues for your day-to-day activities and corporate life events in many jurisdictions is a challenge, especially in this current environment. That's why Deloitte Legal launched Dbriefs, live webcasts, to help you gain insights on key legal trends and critical issues affecting your global business operations.
There is no upcoming webcast
Remote work: Comparative analysis on local legislations in Canada, China, Germany, and the U.S.
9 December 2020
Host: Andrew Lilley
Presenters: Philippe Rose, Alexis Lemajic, Andrew Lilley, Klaus Heeke, Susan Gross Sholinsky, and Jolin Song
Whilst companies begin to reopen their offices in different parts of the world, many employees are working from home and may continue to work remotely after the pandemic is over. Employers need to be aware of how employment laws apply to the remote workplace, including hours of work, safety / injury reporting, confidential information, home network security, etc. Our webinar will present a comparative analysis of approaches in different geographies. In particular, we’ll discuss:
- New local laws, regulations, and policies for remote working.
- Practical issues and suggestions for the months ahead.
- A checklist of other related points: taxation (including permanent establishment), immigration, and talent retention (managing employee concerns).
Join our Deloitte specialists who will share lessons learned, best practice, and identify priorities for employers in the next phase.
Data Protection: Lessons learned from the COVID-19 lockdown and how best to prepare for a second lockdown
23 September 2020
Host: Dulce Miranda
Presenters: Dr. Söntje Julia Hilberg, Gonçalo Quintino, and Arnaud Raynouard
The outbreak of the COVID-19 has significant impact on different areas including data protection. In case of a second lockdown, what measures and policies should your organization have in place? Are the temporary measures implemented in the first lockdown useful and applicable in a second lockdown? We’ll discuss:
- If a vaccine is developed:
- Can you write a policy to ask people to declare whether or not they have been vaccinated?
- Can you keep a log and force people to do it?
- Would the EU/governments be open to changing data privacy laws to allow this for exceptional circumstances like pandemics?
- If an effective treatment is found:
- COVID-19 will then turn into something more like an everyday sickness, do you then abolish your policies or keep it in case something similar happens with a different disease?
- Can you ask employees in their contracts to opt into disclosure of health information and what are the consequences?
- How to build a resilient Data Privacy Organization and a data privacy compliant crises management?
Join our Deloitte specialists who will share the lessons learned and what can be done in the next phase from a data protection perspective.
Certificate of Attendance
A standard Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants of the Dbriefs Legal webcast programme. Please be advised that participants will consult their CLE / CPD / CPE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for viewing our webcast programme.