Deloitte in the News
Deloitte Statement on Cyber Incident
25 September 2017: In response to a cyber incident, Deloitte actions have included the following:
- Implementing its comprehensive security protocol and initiating an intensive and thorough review which included mobilizing a team of cyber-security and confidentiality experts inside and outside of Deloitte
- Contacting governmental authorities immediately after it became aware of the incident; and
- Contacting each of the very few clients impacted
The attacker accessed data from an email platform. The review of that platform is complete.
Importantly, the review enabled us to understand precisely what information was at risk and what the hacker actually did and to determine that:
- Only very few clients were impacted
- No disruption has occurred to client businesses, to Deloitte’s ability to continue to serve clients, or to consumers
Deloitte remains deeply committed to ensuring that its cyber-security defences are best in class, to investing heavily in protecting confidential information and to continually reviewing and enhancing cyber security.