17 April 2015
Dbriefs Bytes brings you a weekly summary of the significant international tax developments impacting Asia Pacific. This video is broadcast every Friday afternoon. Stay tuned! Dbriefs Bytes is presented by Steve Towers, Asia Pacific Leader - International Tax
17 April 2015
1. BEPS Action 12: Mandatory Disclosure Rules (00:31)
1.1 First objective: recommendations for design of mandatory disclosure rules for each country
1.2 Second objective: adjustments for international tax schemes
- For a copy of the discussion draft (82 pages), click here
2. BEPS: other developments (09:40)
2.1 Australia: Senate inquiry
- For information: David Watkins (Sydney)
2.2 Israel: taxation of digital services: draft guidelines
- For a copy of the draft guidance (in Hebrew), click here
- For information: Yitzchak Chikorel (Tel Aviv)
2.3 Turkey: notional interest deduction
- For information: Zeki Kurtcu (Istanbul)
3. India: Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) demands on foreign institutional investors (FIIs) (16:22)
- For information: N.C. Hegde (Mumbai)
4. South Africa: Place of Effective Management (POEM) (18:40)
- For a copy of the draft guidance, click here
- For information: Louise Vosloo (Johannesburg)
- For information on India: N.C. Hegde (Mumbai)
5. VAT (22:46)
- For a copy of the updated Singapore GST guidance on funds, click here
- For information on:
– The UK: Donna Huggard (London)
– The Netherlands: Rogier Vanhorick (Rotterdam)
– Belgium: Piet Vandendriessche (Brussels)
– Luxembourg: Cedric Tussiot (Luxembourg)
– The EU MOSS: Rogier Vanhorick (Rotterdam)
– Singapore: Richard Mackender (Singapore)
6. In brief (25:58)
6.1 Australia: Managed Investment Trusts
6.2 India: Income Computation and Disclosure Standards
6.3 Budgets: Mauritius and Namibia
- For a copy of our Tax Alerts on the two Budgets, click here for Mauritius, and click here for Namibia
- For information on Mauritius: Twaleb Butonkee (Ebène), and on Namibia: Gerda Brand (Windhoek)
6.4 Denmark: crowd funding
To avoid buffering when watching the video online, you can download the video by right clicking the link below and choose "Save target as" to save the video to your computer.
For access from China, you are recommended to click here to watch the video.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Please note that the comments made in this presentation, to some extent, are based on material obtained from sources outside Deloitte.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms, or their related entities (collectively, the ″Deloitte network″) is, by means of this video, rendering professional advice or services.
No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this video.