Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Response to the challenges of the modern world
Sustainability is a comprehensive approach to management of organizations which is focused on creating and maximizing long-term economic, social and environmental value. It is a response to the challenges of the modern world facing organizations from the public and private sectors.
We provide support to private and public companies in their transformation from economically-oriented entities to organizations that consciously build their value through active management of the economic, social and environmental impact. Learn more about our Sustainability Consulting Central Europe services.
Sustainability is best described by four key words:
Impact | Economics | Relations | Transformation
Sustainability is responsibility for the IMPACT that the organization exerts on its surroundings, in business, environmental and social terms. Conscious management of the impact translates into lower costs, improved external relations and better managed risks.
Sustainability is skilled positioning of the organization in the ECONOMIC REALITY, taking account of the social and economic challenges, environmental opportunities and threats. The awareness that the organization functions within a broader framework, amid complex interrelations with many stakeholder groups, allows it to get ready and make use of the opportunities linked with sustainability.
Sustainability is awareness that each entity is surrounded by stakeholders. Building and cultivating good RELATIONS with stakeholders based on engagement and dialogue is crucial, because it not only affects the possibilities to manage risks, but also supports development and gives the organization a competitive edge.
Sustainability is TRANSFORMATION and development of the organization as well as creation of its long-term value based on innovation as well as intellectual and relation capital.
Benefits for businesses
Business transformation and sustainable approach to management translate into:
- Identification of the areas that create the organization’s long-term value
- Reduction of operating costs due to more effective resource management across the entire supply chain
- Effective economic, social and environmental risk management
- Business stability relying on good relations with key stakeholders
- Building loyalty and trust of customers through a dialogue and engagement
Sustainability is a response to the challenges of the modern world which transforms potential threats and risks into development opportunities for organizations from the public and private sectors.
Deloitte Sustainability and CSR services
Our team consists of qualified experts specializing in projects focused on transformation of companies and public institutions for sustainability purposes, including analyses, definition of strategic directions and reporting. We provide support in the scope of specific sustainability areas: social and economic impact management, environmental management, social engagement and stakeholder engagement.
We tailor our solutions to the specifics and scale of the organization, taking into account the risks and demands associated with its operations, the expectations of all stakeholder groups, as well as the need to be engaged in an active dialogue.
We provide the following services to our Clients:
- Non-financial and integrated reporting
- Preparation and implementation of sustainability strategies
- Measurement, management & reporting the organization’s impact on the economic, social and environmental setting
- Energy efficiency strategies
- Dialogue and engagement of stakeholders
- Responsible sale
- Ethics management
- Regulatory impact assessment
- Diversity management
Green Frog Award
Deloitte Central European Sustainability Report Award – the Green Frog Award - is an award for best sustainability reports. The contest aims to identify and reward excellence in corporate non-financial reporting in Central Europe.
CSR Managers Survey 2015
The Deloitte survey was carried out among CSR managers in 10 CEE countries. It was conducted along with the survey performed by the Polish Responsible Business Forum among Polish CSR managers to mark the 15th anniversary of CSR partnership in Poland. Both the Polish and Central European surveys present the role of CSR practitioners in promoting social responsibility in companies as well as their insights on the positive effects of CSR on the social and economic condition of each country.
CE TOP 500 2015, Seeds of Growth
The 2015 edition of the Deloitte CE Top 500 report ranks the largest companies from the 18 countries from Central Europe and Ukraine. In addition, it includes the opinions of some of the region's most prominent business leaders, with a focus on sustainability and sustainable growth.
Social Progress Index
The 2015 Social Progress Index ranks 133 countries, covering over 94% of the world's population. It examines 52 key social and environmental indicators captured under 12 components across 3 dimensions of social progress: basic human needs, foundations of wellbeing and opportunity.
Sustainability Consulting Central Europe
Deloitte globally also maintains active involvement in the public discourse on sustainability issues through collaboration with leading global institutions that are dedicated to finding and promoting solutions to sustainability challenges. We are close to where key sustainability decisions are taken:
A4S The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project
• DTTL's Chairman is on the Advisory Council and Deloitte has provided secondments.
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Global Forum for Sustainability
• Deloitte has a representative on the Global Forum.
CDP Formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project
• Deloitte is a past global and U.S. sponsor of CDP Water Disclosure, and DTTL has developed reports to Investor and Supplier questionnaires on CDP Climate Change.
GISR Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings
• Deloitte is a strategic sponsor, has committed financial and in-kind support on a multi-year basis, and has a seat on the Technical Review Committee.
GRI & GSSB Global Reporting Initiative & Global Sustainability Standards Board
• Deloitte has been involved since the GRI’s inception and has been an organizational stakeholder since 2004, and two Deloitte partners are members of the governance structure.
IIRC International Integrated Reporting Council
• DTTL’s Chairman is a Council Member and Deloitte has provided secondments.
SASB Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
• Deloitte has provided funding and a secondment, participated in industry working groups, and has a seat on the Assurance Task Force.
SSE Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative
• Deloitte has a representative on the SSE Corporate Working Group.
UNGC United Nations Global Compact
• Deloitte was a founding signatory in 2000 with several high-impact pro-bono projects and secondments.
WBCSD World Business Council for Sustainable Development
• Deloitte was a founding member in 1995, DTTL’s Chairman is a Council Member and Social Cluster Board Member, and Deloitte has provided secondments and appointed Leadership Program members.
WEF World Economic Forum
• Deloitte is a strategic partner, involved in the WEF Project Advisor Program, DTTL’s Chairman is a Member of the Chairmen’s Community, Deloitte has representatives in the Forum of Young Global Leaders.