Practitioners Views in the News
Practitioners from the Deloitte member firms discuss key issues in impact investing and social innovation, in a series of published articles, blog posts and reports.
Articles and Blog Posts
- The Re-emerging Art of Funding Innovation. Gabriel Kasper and Justin Marcoux, Deloitte. Spring 2014. Posted on the Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Impact investing: An investment approach starting to interest mainstream investors. Chris Harvey and Erik Classon, Deloitte. February 2014. Posted on Deloitte Perspectives
- Impact Investing: From Margin to Mainstream. Abigail Noble, World Economic Forum, and Joel Bryce, Deloitte. October 2013. Posted on the Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Reflections from the World Economic Forum’s Impact Investing Initiative; Chris Harvey, Carolien de Bruin and Joel Bryce, Deloitte. October 2013. Posted on Deloitte Perspectives
- Mainstreaming Impact Investing: Overcoming the Hurdles, Addressing the Skeptics. Chris Harvey, Deloitte. January 2013. Posted on Deloitte Perspectives
- Let the Scaffolding Fall. Carolien de Bruin, Katherine Fulton, Deloitte. October 2013. Posted on Social Finance Canada
- Mainstreaming Impact Investing & Thinking Big. Carolien de Bruin, Deloitte. March 2013. Posted on Social Finance Canada
- Impact Investing in the Global South: Early Convening Insights from Latin America. Carolien de Bruin, Deloitte, and Kelly Teevan, Rockefeller Foundation. December 2012. Posted on Social Finance Canada
- Beyond the Pioneer: Getting Inclusive Industries to Scale. Harvey Koh, Nidhi Hegde, and Ashshish Karamchandani. April 2014.
- From the Margins to the Mainstream: Assessment of the Impact Investment Sector and Opportunities to Engage Mainstream Investors. Michael Drexler and Abigail Noble, World Economic Forum. September 2013. A report by the World Economic Forum Investors Industries, prepared in collaboration with DTTL. September 2013.
- From Blueprint to Scale: The Case for Philanthropy in Impact Investing. Harvey Koh, Ashish Karamchandani and Robert Katz, Deloitte practitioners. April 2012.
- Investing for Social and Environmental Impact. A Design for Catalyzing and Emerging Industry. Lead authors: Katherine Fulton and Jessica Freireich. January 2009.