Deloitte named a leader in IDC MarketScape on worldwide organizational consulting services.
New York, NY, 26 February 2016 – Deloitte has been named a leader in the IDC MarketScape on worldwide organizational consulting based on strategy and capability. “For organizational consulting, Deloitte is seen by clients as the strongest firm at helping them create a more effective business. In addition, Deloitte is considered to be better than many of its peers at integrating the appropriate technologies to support an engagement,” according to the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Organizational Consulting Services 2015 Vendor Assessment, doc #258551, August 2015.
“With the increasing pace of change in the market driven by globalization and technology, many businesses around the world are focusing on rethinking their organizations and workforce” said Dimple Agarwal, Deloitte Global Organization & Talent Leader. “Companies are looking for new and innovative ways to integrate digital and analytics into all dimensions of the business, and are recognizing that people, operating models, leadership and culture are critical to achieving their transformation objectives. We are delighted that the IDC MarketScape has recognized the impact of our organizational consulting services in driving business value.”
According to Cushing Anderson, vice president, Business Consulting Services research at IDC, “While consulting providers are generally perceived as capable, buyers of consulting services are critical of consulting providers' ability to integrate analytics into organizational consulting engagements—an essential component of many projects. In this research and others, we find that some vendors are better able to produce meaningful results than others.”
The report assesses the capability and business strategy of many of the leading business consulting firms. The IDC MarketScape is “a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace." According to IDC, “organizational consulting focuses on the human dimension of business transformation. This includes helping executives align organizational elements with a new strategy. Organizational consulting contains several dimensions: Human Capital Management, Health & benefits, M&A, Communications.”
- “Deloitte offers globally deep and broad capabilities in organizational consulting services that target the needs of C-suite business and functional leaders. Key areas of focus include strategic change, organizational design, talent management, and HR transformation. Deloitte designs and implements large-scale programs helping clients focus on the people aspects of transformation. Strategies and solutions leverage Bersin by Deloitte research, insight on human capital trends, and an analytics-driven change framework to help clients move from issue to impact to deliver business results.”
- “Deloitte has explicitly stated its continued focus on and commitment to its core businesses, which its clients expect and demand, but the firm is also rapidly evolving and innovating ahead of the industry to align against its clients' emerging needs driven by increasing complexity, speed of change, and unprecedented disruption.”
- “Deloitte is focused on delivering high-impact solutions that respond to big trends and leverage digital. One of the key ways Deloitte does this is via its Integrated Marketing Offerings (IMOs) that take advantage of the firm's depth and breadth, industry insight, and geographic reach. Recent new IMO offerings include Digital, Crisis Management, and City Solutions.”
- “Deloitte is also focused on delivering "faster time to value" for its clients and diversifying its delivery model through product- and subscription-based businesses. Deloitte predicts that by 2020, at least 15–20% of its revenue will be associated with new services, solutions, or delivery models. Examples include Deloitte Analytics, Bersin by Deloitte, and ConvergeHEALTH. Deloitte also moved its innovation centers under the single brand of “Deloitte Greenhouses." Greenhouses are flexible, physical interactive environments geared to solving clients' most challenging issues in new and highly accelerated ways. Deloitte has Greenhouses in nine countries, with a further four coming online soon.”
- “Deloitte is recognized as an employer of choice, as evidenced by its recognition in many independent rankings in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Deloitte is known for promoting flexibility and customization for each individual employee's career path via its Mass Career Customization (MCC) program and its development and adoption of the corporate lattice career model where employees no longer move up and out in the antiquated "corporate ladder" structure, but move more fluidly and flexibly throughout the organization as desire and demand require. Deloitte has also made significant investments in training and education for its employees with Deloitte University, a state-of-the-art leadership development center near Dallas, Texas. Deloitte University served more than 63,000 Deloitte professionals from 81 countries over the past year. This year, Deloitte added campuses in Europe and Asia/Pacific.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the DTTL member firms.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 225,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.