Deloitte Legal Guide to Cross-Border Secured Transactions
In a globalized world, many companies are engaged daily in cross-border commercial transactions. The Deloitte Legal Guide for Secured Transactions includes country specific information provided by local lawyers and aims to be a useful tool for creditors and security vendors that address complex issues related to border security operations.
In a globalized world, many companies are engaged daily in cross-border commercial transactions. This requires treatment to be structured so that properly manages risk. As this is normally achieved through security arrangements, familiarity with the details of the decision border security and enforcement in different jurisdictions can help companies conduct business safely outside their countries of origin.
To do this, companies need current, easy to use information, information on secured transactions in the jurisdictions in which they operate. As a result, the Deloitte Legal Guide for Secured Transactions was produced by the legal practice of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited * 27 jurisdictions throughout Europe, South America and Southeast Asia signatures. It was developed based on research conducted during 2012-2013 in each of these jurisdictions, and includes country-specific information provided by local lawyers.
The topics covered by each jurisdiction are:
· Types of security available
· Types of assets subject to security
· Types of bonds that may be obtained
· Validity, advertising and other requirements of perfection
· Installation costs and advertising Security
· Time to disclosure requirements / perfection
· The rights acquired by the secured creditor
· Governing law issues
· Legal concerns when making security
· Implementation issues: court involvement, time
· Challenges and risks of cancellation
· The position of secured creditors in insolvency
Also included are the highlights and recommendations of the editors, followed by detailed information about each of the jurisdictions surveyed.
"Legal Deloitte" means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms affiliated providing legal services. For legal and regulatory reasons, not all member firms provide legal services.