Deloitte at the 2016 World Economic Forum on Latin America Ha sido salvado
Acerca de nosotros
Deloitte at the 2016 World Economic Forum on Latin America
Reigniting Latin America's inclusive growth
The World Economic Forum on Latin America took place in Medellin, Colombia, on 16-17 June 2016. Delegates convened under the theme “Reigniting Latin America's inclusive growth”, which integrated the following key issues:
- Navigating regional and global priorities
- Strengthening regional resilience
- Leading for a prosperous future
Deloitte was represented by the following delegates:
- Alejandro Adem, Clients and Industries Leader, Deloitte LATCO (Argentina)
- César Cheng, Chairman, Deloitte LATCO (Colombia)
- Gary Coleman, Americas Clients & Industries lead, Deloitte US
- Os Mata, Americas Consulting and Technology Leader, Deloitte Global
- Erick Calvillo – Industry Adviser Latin America Competitiveness Lab project, Deloitte Mexico
Revolutionizing the Business Environment
Gary Coleman served as a facilitator for this WEF session that focused on the fundamental changes of how business operates and produces in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The discussion touched on the need for enhanced public-private cooperation for creating open, transparent and inclusive spaces for civil society action in the region.
Gary was joined by the following panelists:
- Simbad Ceballos, Managing Director, Mercer Andica, Mercer (MMC), Colombia
- Monica Flores, President, Latin America, ManpowerGroup, Mexico
- Ilene S. Gordon, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ingredion
- Martín Rastellino, Vice-President and Co-Founder, Despegar
Competitiveness Lab Latin America: Bridging the Innovation Gap
The World Economic Forum launched, in collaboration with Deloitte, the Competitiveness Lab initiative in 2013 with the objective of advancing the competitiveness agenda of a country or region.
- Phase 1 was designed to identify the root causes behind these gaps in Latin America and develop a set of recommendations to help improve competitiveness in the region.
- Phase 2 has been focused on sharing the recommendations with individual Latin American countries (Colombia and Mexico) and working with local stakeholders to set the basis for improving and implementing their innovation ecosystem through a public-private collaboration agenda.
- Session held at WEF LA16 reported out on the results of Phase II in the two selected countries: Colombia and Mexico. Results focused on identifying the main topics for a public-private collaboration agenda and design a plan for its implementation.
- Richard Samans, Head of the Centre for the Global Agenda, Member of the Managing Board, World Economic Forum
- Erick Calvillo, Lead Industry Partner, Consumer Business, Deloitte Mexico
- Christian Gardey, Consulting Strategy & Operations Manager, Deloitte Argentina
- Country Implementation – Colombia - Jaime Bueno, Rosario Cordoba, Minister German Arce
- Country Implementation – Mexico - Minister Ildefonso Guajardo
Our branding and positioning was to build a profile for Deloitte both locally and regionally. The key messages were connected to the overall theme “Reigniting Latin America’s Inclusive Growth”.
- LinkedIn blog: Deloitte's point of impact at the World Economic Forum on Latin America by Carlos Sabater, Regional Managing Director — Americas
- WEF blog: Why Latin American entrepreneurs are ready for the revolution by Gary Coleman
- CNN Expansion: Gobierno Impulsara Dispositivos Medicos En Conjunto Con La IP (Erick Calvillo)
- El Espectador: Colombia, en la cuarta revolución industrial (Gary Coleman)