Financial Times Asia Healthcare & Life Sciences Summit has been saved
Financial Times Asia Healthcare & Life Sciences Summit
Forging frontiers in pharmaceuticals
Leading professionals and thought leaders will answer questions, propose solutions and discuss the future of the life sciences and health care industry throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
25 May 2016 | The Westin Singapore
The life sciences and health care industry is continuing to expand in Asia, in tandem with evolving patient needs that are influenced by higher incomes, longer life expectancy, population growth and changing lifestyles. Alongside private companies, governments in the region have been investing more vigorously in health care infrastructure and services. The increase in public and private healthcare spending has in turn boosted the pharmaceuticals and biotech industry. Opportunities abound for global companies, as well as their local counterparts.
But capitalizing on the region’s burgeoning market is not without many challenges. For a start, competition has intensified as global pharmaceuticals firms shift manufacturing operations to lower-cost Asia even as domestic drugs companies increase in number and size. Differing regulations across Asia, inadequate distribution facilities and low pricing are other headaches, as is the surge in counterfeit medicine and theft of research. On the other hand, the potential for collaboration between local and foreign companies is promising, especially as several major drugs are now off patent. Asia also has become important as a research & development center for some of the biggest international players.
Visit the conference website at live.ft.com/Events/2016/FT-Asia-Healthcare-Life-Sciences-Summit to learn more about the speakers, agenda, topics to be covered and to register. Please use marketing code DTTS2016 to receive 25% off the current registration rate.
Topics to be covered
- Fostering partnership and collaboration in pharma-health care
- Exploring pharma-health care innovation across Asia
- Focus on China - What’s next for its healthcare and medicines system?
- Sustaining pharmaceuticals operations in Asia
- What will the TPP mean for pharma markets in Asia?
- Market access for medicine—prospects and pitfalls
- Generics and biosimilars in Asia—an evolving market
- Fighting pharmaceuticals crime in Asia
- Xudong Yin, Chairman, Novartis Greater China
- Benjamin Seet, Executive Director, Biomedical Research Council, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
- Carl Firth, CEO, ASLAN Pharmaceuticals
- Amit Backliwal, Vice-President, Technology and Services, China and South-East Asia, IMS Health
- Hideo Arase, Managing Director, Terumo Asia Holdings
- Victoria Elegant, Vice-President, Head, Medical Affairs, China/Asia/ANZ, Baxalta
- Xian-Ping Lu, CEO & CSO, Chipscreen Biosciences
- Christian Hogg, CEO, Hutchison China MediTech
- Srividya Jagannathan, Global Lead for Lifesciences, International Finance Corporation
- Deborah Elms, Executive Director, Asian Trade Centre
- Cyril Grandchamp-Desraux, Head, ASEAN Zone and Singapore Country Chair, Sanofi
- Samson Chiu, Director, Asia-Pacific, Pharmaceutical Security Institute
- Andrew Ward, Pharmaceuticals Correspondent, Financial Times