2020 Guide to the World’s Leading Tax Advisers has been saved
2020 Guide to the World’s Leading Tax Advisers
The Middle East and Cyprus Tax practices have been globally recognized
We are pleased to inform you that as a Middle East firm, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and Cyprus Tax practices have been awarded a number of accolades in this year’s Guide to the World’s Leading Tax Advisers, issued by Euromoney. The Expert Guide has been researching the world’s markets for over 25 years and has become one of the most trusted resources for international buyers.
In this year’s guide, 180 Deloitte professionals were listed from 57 jurisdictions, this acknowledgement marks our undisputed leadership and reaffirms our ability and excellence across countries and Tax disciplines globally. Within the Middle East region, Deloitte recorded the greatest number of nominees amongst the other Big Four accounting firms and were presented with the following awards and recognition:
Firm tier ranking:
The Deloitte Middle East and Cyprus Tax practices have been awarded Tier 1 ranking in the 2020 guide in the following countries:
Several of our Tax leaders were chosen to be featured under both the UAE, KSA and Cyprus jurisdictions in the expert listings section of the guide. To view their profiles, please refer to page 52, 83 and 84 in the guide, we have also highlighted their details by region below.
- Nauman Ahmed, Deloitte Middle East Tax Leader (KSA)
- Alex Law, Deloitte Middle East International and M&A Tax Leader (UAE)
- Anbreen Khan, Deloitte Middle East Indirect Tax Partner (UAE)
- Pieris Markou, Deloitte Cyprus Tax & Legal Services Leader (Nicosia)
- Alecos Papalexandrou, Deloitte Cyprus Business Tax Partner (Limassol)
- Antonis Taliotis, Deloitte Cyprus Business Tax Partner (Limassol)
Tax Leaders Guide:
This guide recognizes professionals in a single, global publication, showcasing their global breadth of experience. In the 2020 edition of the guide, two of our Indirect Tax Partners were recognized as ‘highly regarded Indirect Tax practitioners’. We would also like to highlight that one of our KSA Tax Partners, Nasser Al Sagga, will be recognized in the 2021 edition of the guide as a ‘ highly regarded Tax Controversy practitioner’, view their credentials below:
- Michael Towler, Deloitte Middle East Indirect Tax Partner in the UAE
- Robert Tsang, Deloitte Middle East Indirect Tax Partner in Oman
- Nasser Al Sagga, Deloitte Middle East Tax Partner in KSA (2021)
News and features:
Anbreen Khan, Deloitte Middle East Indirect Tax Partner, and Liesbet Nevelsteen, Deloitte NSE Tax and Legal Partner, provided their insight during a recent interview with Euromoney where they discussed the current changing environment and impact of COVID-19 in the EMEA region. Read the interview here.