Support in stakeholder engagement
Providing support in engaging stakeholders in the decision-making processes
Very often management of the company is focused on its primary task - to maximize profit for the shareholders. Even if it is aware of the existence of complex cross-influences of the organization and its environment, it fails to understand the inter-relationships and expectations, as well as to assess the risk. Furthermore, it also fails
To operate successfully in a complex global business environment, forward-looking companies need to open their doors to diverse stakeholders and incorporate their perspectives into strategic decisions and sustainable development initiativesj.
To help companies to achieve this goal, Deloitte can provide the following services:
- Identification of the organization’s key stakeholders and preparation of scenario Maps;
- Development of the organization’s models and plans (strategies) to engage stakeholders;
- Audit of the activities currently undertaken by the organization to engage stakeholders and preparation of recommended changes;
- Development and implementation of comprehensive social consultation strategies to plan and carry out infrastructural, industrial and public utility investments;
- Analysis of the stakeholders’ needs and expectations in social media and preparation of analysis-based recommendations;
- Preparation of social analysis documentation, Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP) required by international funding institutions, such as EBRD, EIB;
- Organization of workshops for the C-suite and Management Boards on stakeholders’ engagement in the activities of the organization, and training in the scope of the available tools, good practices and standards, e.g. AA1000SES (AccountAbility).
Main benefits for clients:
- Better understanding of the implications of their decisions;
- Conflict solving and support in change processes;
- Definition of the impact of the organization;
- Understanding and managing risks;
- Obtaining a social licence to act;
- Fulfilment of legal commitments;
- Definition of best methods for maximising the positive and minimizing the negative impacts of the organization’s decisions and actions;
- Building trust and good reputation;
- Possibility to obtain resources (knowledge, funds and technologies) needed to solve the issues and achieve goals that cannot be solved or achieved independently by individual organizations or firms.