Customer Strategy & Applied Design
We can help you create entirely new experiences—and grow your category—with our strategic customer insights and design-led approach to innovation.
At the heart of designing experiences lie the behaviors and motivations of customers, partners, and the workforce. We can help you shape client growth agendas using differentiated human insight to design and deliver powerful experiences, drive measurable outcomes, and transform organizations.
Here are the variety of ways we can help:
APPLIED DESIGN & INNOVATION
- Taking new businesses, products, and services to market with speed and agility, to help clients seize bold opportunities
- Delivering reimagined customer experiences that inspire trust and loyalty and drive growth
- Bringing experience design to big technology transformations (e.g., CRM, CDP), in order to shift behaviors and drive adoption of new tools
- Elevating workforce experiences to attract, upskill, reward, and retain talented employees
- Guiding innovation, product, and design teams to develop their capabilities through coaching and collaborative work
Spotlight: Our Applied Design and Innovation (AD&I) team is an integrated practice of designers, strategists, researchers, technologists, and entrepreneurs who create emotionally intelligent products and experiences that people want to use—driving business value. Founded on two iconic innovation and design brands, Doblin and Market Gravity, we help you launch new experiences—products, services, or entire businesses—that unlock greater efficiencies and profitable growth.
Spotlight: With AD&I’s Workforce Experience by Design offering, you get to the heart of what matters to your employees through a human-centered approach to workforce experience (WX). Leading organizations recognize that WX is essential in today's environment. Designing a human-centered workforce experience can help attract and retain top talent and provide the essential components for generating truly transformative customer experiences.
CUSTOMER STRATEGY & EXPERIENCE
- Driving organic growth and advantage through customer-centric transformation, which can include experience, marketing and sales strategy
- Elevating customer experience strategy with insights and analytics
- Redefining digital customer strategy and digitally-enabled ways of working
Spotlight: With HX TrustID™ you can identify the highest-impact actions to (re)build and strengthen trust by measuring perception on the four drivers of trust: humanity, transparency, reliability, and capability; and explore how your brand’s score stacks up against industry benchmarks. HX TrustID helps organizations chart a path to elevated human experiences and better business results.
Spotlight: Deloitte’s CX Metrics Architecture identifies metrics at the moments that matter to empower your organization with prescriptive insights that clearly articulate customer sentiment and behavior and links those metrics to your organization’s financial performance. Executives leading CX efforts are able to pinpoint areas of excellence and opportunity across the customer journey, and tie that information to future growth.
MARKETING STRATEGY & TRANSFORMATION
- Deriving insights to fuel campaign, marketing, audience, and content strategy
- Shaping the CMO agenda, marketing strategy, annual planning, and spend strategy to inform marketing journeys, propel brand objectives, and drive profitable growth
- Bringing purpose into how CMOs communicate and operate to help brands grow and make meaningful impact
- Designing and implementing modern marketing operating models, ways of working, and enabling technologies
Spotlight: Ethos, a new offering from Deloitte Digital, brings together leading experts on tough issues like racial equity and climate change and a team of dedicated researchers, strategists, and innovators to help executives at the world’s biggest brands take more informed and impactful action on the world’s most important challenges. Our team helps companies align the values their brand stands for with the issues their customers care about through a full suite of services designed to help our clients make an impact that matters.
Spotlight: The Investment to Value Map is a tool to help CMOs strategically transform and modernize the marketing function. CMOs are guided through a series of topics and questions about their marketing function, which are then compared to industry benchmarks. This helps CMOs identify what is going well and where there is room for potential improvement. Then the tool quantifies the potential value that would be created through investment in those areas to help CMOs prioritize investments that will drive the most business value in return.
PRICING, PRODUCT & COMMERCIAL SPEND
- Growing margins and revenue with intelligent pricing
- Achieving real differentiation and growth with customer-centric merchandising and category strategy
- Optimizing store operations through strategy, experience, and cost reduction
- Changing commercial spend to optimize marketing spend, market share growth, and resource allocation
Spotlight: Pricing as a Service (Praas) helps our client make profitable price changes with targeted recommendations delivered through a proprietary portal. This solution offers comprehensive internal and external data set aggregation, an analytics engine to crunch those data sets, a robust client user experience through easy-to-use portals, and dedicated pricing advisors to manage change.
Spotlight: Our Merchandising team analyzes product lifecycle and consumer trends to identify opportunities to improve assortments and how products are positioned on the shelf by the retailer. For a multi-brand apparel company, we recently developed a harmonized future state process and operating model design for DTC, buying, planning, and allocation functions, including system vendor evaluation and implementation.
Explore additional resources
Millennials and beyond
Does a focus on millennials potentially masks the importance of other generations? Read what the research tells us.
A new age of digital storytelling
As technology often blurs the line between storyteller and listener, learn how can marketers use digital reality to their advantage.