Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus 2018
Aspire with assurance
The 2018 Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus conference took place on 10 October in the Convention Centre Dublin, with regional events following throughout the country.
The Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus conference
This year's Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus conference aimed to keep you fully informed. As well as dealing with the latest changes in financial reporting, corporate governance and company law, the Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus conference brought you up to date on the latest thoughts from the World’s largest professional services firm.
9am - 10:30am
- Welcome and opening address - Mike Hartwell
- Keynote: Macroeconomic update, including Brexit impact - Ian Stewart
- IFRS 9 - Financial instruments - John McCarroll
- IFRS 15 – Revenue from contracts with customers - John Kehoe/Pamela Cantwell
- The 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code – key headlines - Melissa Scully
- Cyber – the good, the bad and the remedy - Jacky Fox
11:00am - 12:30am
- Accounting for tax - Tom Maguire
- Impact on your balance sheet - IFRS 16 Leases - Jamie Schmidt
- Insights into other IFRS developments for 2018 and beyond - Oliver Holt
- The FRC triennial review: Irish GAAP impact - Emer O'Shaughnessy
- The future of work - Valerie Daunt
- Closing address - Mike Hartwell
Key note speaker
Ian Stewart was our conference keynote speaker this year and gave an insightful presentation examining the impact of Brexonmics. Ian is a Partner and Chief Economist at Deloitte in the UK where he advises Boards and companies on macroeconomics.
Ian devised the Deloitte Survey of Chief Financial Officers and writes a popular weekly economics blog, the Monday Briefing. His previous roles include Chief Economist for Europe at Merrill Lynch, Head of Economics in the Conservative Research Department and Special Adviser to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Ian was educated at the London School of Economics.
Belfast: 15 November, Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel
Cork: 23 October, Venue: Clayton Hotel
Galway: 14 November, Venue: Deloitte Offices, Galway Financial Services Centre, Moneenageisha Road
Limerick: 21 November, Venue: Savoy Hotel, Limerick
Appropriately evidenced, your attendance at the Deloitte Financial Reporting Plus conference should be eligible for 3 hours CPD with various professional bodies including Chartered Accountants Ireland, ACCA, CPA and other accounting bodies. Please check with your relevant professional body for further information.