Application Tips has been saved
Read our step-by-step guide to our simple, innovative selection process. It’s all that stands between you and making an impact.
At Deloitte, success means getting to know the real you and teasing out your true potential. Deloitte is leading the way again this year with an award winning online application and assessment process. The scenario-based assessment presents graduates with situations they are likely to encounter at Deloitte and provides a robust understanding of what makes people successful at the firm.
Step 1: Find your fit
Keeping it simple
Complete our new 'Find Your Fit' online assessment to see what team suits you best. If you know your chosen area already then head straight to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply online
Click 'Apply Now' and start your application!
- Select from the list of graduate opportunities and apply to your chosen area.
- Complete your candidate profile. These are short questions about you, your education and any work experience. Have your qualification details to hand before you begin, including your grades.
Step 3: Online assessment
Once you have completed the first part of your application, you will then receive an email link to complete our online assessment.
- Read the introduction and examples before you get started. We want to know at this stage what makes you tick. You won’t need any work experience to be able to answer the questions. Just answer naturally, so we can get the best idea of what you’re really like.
- For the last stage of the process, tell us in less than 100 words why you want to join your preferred Deloitte service line and upload your CV.
Tip: Your online application will take approximately 10-15 minutes. A message will appear once completed to confirm that you have finished the assessment. If you leave the assessment before this message appears, your responses will not be saved.
Make sure to check your Junk Mail folder to ensure you receive all correspondence from us!
Step 4: Video application
(Consulting application process only)
As part of our application process you may be requested to submit a video.
You’ll learn a lot about yourself by taking our challenging, but enjoyable online video application. You will be asked a few questions related to the position you have applied for us to better understand your motivations and career goals.
Give yourself every opportunity to do your best. Choose a quiet location and a time when you know you won’t be disturbed. You can use a mobile phone, tablet, desktop or PC. And remember: be yourself!
If you are asked to complete a video as part of your application we will send you an email with a link to our online platform to do so - keep an eye on your junk email folder to ensure you receive all correspondence necessary to complete your application.
Top tips to help you succeed in a video interview
- Fix your lighting to make sure you have some soft light casting on you from the front of you so that we can see you clearly. However, make sure you are not facing a window or sitting directly in front of a window, or you will become washed out on the video display.
- Ensure your device is plugged in or fully charged.
- Raise your computer, tablet, or phone so that it’s at eye level or just slightly above.
- Take note of your surroundings. Ensure the area behind you is appropriate for the video.
- Be sure to seek out an area that is quiet with no interruptions or distractions.
- If you are using a device where you receive notifications (text messages, email notifications, chat windows), ensure that these features are deactivated.
- Post your resume, reminders of stories, notes about your experiences behind your laptop so you can quickly sneak a glance to help you.
- Take some time to think through three to five key things you want to get across in your video.
- Finally, be yourself! Video allows for a more personal experience!
Step 5: Interview
If you have been successful in your application, you will receive an email linking you to our online interview scheduling system where you can choose your own date and time to meet with us.
The interview stage is designed so you can get to know us, as much as we’re getting to know you.
Read our top tips for a successful interview.
If we like you at interview – and you like us – we’ll offer you a job. Welcome to Deloitte!
Either way, we won’t keep you guessing; we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What we look for
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)