At Deloitte, success means getting to know the real you and teasing out your true potential. Deloitte is leading the way with innovation this year introducing a fast, efficient and effective online application and assessment process. The scenario-based assessment presents graduates with situations they are likely to encounter at Deloitte and provides a robust understanding of what makes people successful at the firm.
Read our step-by-step guide to our simple, new and innovative selection process. It’s all that stands between you and making an impact.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply online
- Click 'Apply Now' and start application.
- Select from list of graduate opportunities and apply to your chosen area.
- Complete your candidate profile. These are short questions about you, your education and any work experience. Have your qualification details to hand before you begin, including your grades.
Step 2: Online assessment
- You will receive an email link to complete our online assessment (make sure to check your junk folder)
- Read the introduction and examples before you get started. We want to know at this stage what makes you tick. You won’t need any work experience to be able to answer the questions. Just answer naturally, so we can get the best idea of what you’re really like.
- For the last stage of the process, tell us in less than 100 words why you want to join your preferred Deloitte service line and upload your CV.
Tip: Your application will take approximately 10-15 minutes. A message will appear once completed to confirm that you have finished the assessment. If you leave the assessment before this message appears, your responses will not be saved.
Give yourself every opportunity to do your best. Choose a quiet location and a time when you know you won’t be disturbed. You can use a mobile phone, tablet, desktop or PC. And remember: be yourself!
Step 3: Interview
- If you have been successful in your application, you will receive an email linking you to our online interview scheduling system where you can choose your own date and time to meet with us.
The interview stage is designed so you can get to know us, as much as we’re getting to know you.
Tip: Come prepared to talk about projects you’ve been involved in: any activities that took time and effort to achieve. This could be work you’re particularly proud of, or something you found challenging. You’ll need to be clear what your role was and provide detail. We’re looking for how you plan, problem solve, and interact with people, amongst other things.
We’ll also focus on your values; what matters to you and how that fits in with us as a business. Think about what impact you think you’d make at Deloitte. For example, it might be that you’re passionate about working collaboratively or have strong leadership qualities. Have some examples up your sleeve to support your claims.
Step 4: Your offer
If we like you at interview – and you like us – we’ll offer you a job.
Welcome to Deloitte. Either way, we won’t keep you guessing; we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What we look for
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)