Life at Deloitte
Co-op / Work Placement Programmes
Deloitte have excellent opportunities for students to undertake work placements as part of their degree programme. Placement periods generally range from 6 to 9 months and we work in conjunction with a number of universities in Ireland to facilitate this. Our work placement programme is a great opportunity to gain insight into the working world and find out if this is the career for you.
The Deloitte experience
- Challenging and engaging work - The work is engaging, challenging and you will have the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Client interaction - At Deloitte you will gain exposure to real client work and contribute solutions to every-day client problems.
- Develop professional competence - Working alongside a team of professionals who are specialists in their chosen area, work placement students develop their professional skills and abilities in addition to gaining an understanding of our business.
- Life at Deloitte - Sports and social, volunteering and giving programmes, employee wellbeing initiatives - you will have the opportunity and option to experience all of what we have to offer as an employer!
- Career prospects - At the end of the placement, we have a career discussion with work placement students from which there is often the opportunity of a graduate job offer.
Don't just take our word for it... this is what some work placement students had to say:
"I completed my co-op in the Audit department in Limerick. I found this experience to be challenging, but also extremely interesting. With the help and guidance I received from my colleagues, I learned so much about how different businesses in a range of different industries operate. I have worked on many audits during my time here and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting client sites to gain an even better knowledge of how sales, debtors, creditors, expenses etc. are recorded. I could not have asked for a better placement as I now feel well-equipped going into my final year of college." Susan O'Connor, Audit Co-op, UL.
"Working in both the Audit and Tax departments has given me a brilliant insight into both areas. I have learnt everything from understanding all areas of the audit cycle, to preparing tax returns for different companies. The most beneficial aspect of this co-op is being given the opportunity to work in different areas across the firm and also working with the best people within the industry". Kevin Harrington, Audit/Tax Co-op, UCC.
The application process
We work in conjunction with a number of universities in Ireland to facilitate work placement programmes, however should you decide you would like to apply directly please send your CV (including your leaving certificate results (or equivalent exam) and your degree subject results to date) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also specify in which area you would like to undertake a work placement.
Should you be successful after completing our application process you will be invited to atend a competency based interview.
We will do our best to come back to you as soon as possible after the inteview as to whether you have been successful.
Graduate recruitment hotline: + 353 (0) 1 417 8578
Graduate recruitment mailbox: email@example.com