Your reward has been saved
Life at Deloitte
Putting you at the centre of Reward & Benefits
Your Reward at Deloitte is competitive, supports our purpose and enables our people to never stop growing.
At Deloitte Ireland, we continuously strive towards a culture that promotes personal and professional development. We believe that investing in people, encouraging them to achieve a work-life balance and providing support for their personal and professional development is the key to having happy, productive, and successful colleagues.
Your Reward at Deloitte is more than just your salary. It's your pension, your leave, your healthcare, your recognition, your development, your pay, your savings, your wellbeing and your time. We aim to offer supports and benefits that suit you, wherever you are in life.
We offer several different kinds of leave options, aiming to support our people throughout the various stages in their lives. These include:
- Service leave: additional annual leave according to your tenure
- Maternity Leave: up to 26 weeks’ paid maternity leave with no waiting periods, with an additional 16 weeks unpaid maternity leave
- Parental Leave: up to 26 weeks unpaid parental leave per child
- Parents’ Leave: up to five weeks’ paid leave within the first two years of the birth or adoption of your child or the child of your spouse or partner
- New Child Leave: up to two weeks’ paid leave around the birth or adoption of your child or the child of your spouse or partner
- Time Out: a four-week block of unpaid leave each year
- Special Leave: paid leave for the ups and downs in your life, including your wedding, your graduation, a child’s first day of school, or a death in the family
- Personal Leave: pre-agreed unpaid time off for you to pursue alternative interests or activities
- Volunteering Leave: We provide matched volunteer leave equal to the amount of personal leave taken to participate in volunteering activity nominated by you, up to two days per year. In exceptional circumstances involving volunteering in excess of two weeks or otherwise (e.g. volunteering overseas), additional volunteering leave can be awarded in consideration with the Corporate Responsibility Partner and your department lead.
- All roles: 21 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Management roles: 24 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Director roles: 27 days annual leave
Leave Purchase Benefit
Our leave purchase allows eligible employees to purchase additional
annual leave days. The benefit applies to all employees except Associates who
are in contract and have a study leave benefit.
We believe in focusing on the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile and hybrid ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Compressed Working Week
Compressed working week for June, July and August, which means a finish time of 2pm on Fridays if target hours have been reached.
Agile ways of working
We make every reasonable effort to accommodate flexible working and have a range of agile working options to support our people.
At Deloitte, your hard work and curiosity will be encouraged and rewarded. Successes and pride are shared here and celebrated together, because they take us all forward.
We have a number of compelling programs which allow us to celebrate and reward our colleagues internally for making an impact or going above and beyond in their roles.
Length of Service Recognition
We have various leave and gift awards for milestone years of service.
Personal Milestone Recognition
- Baby baskets: We’ve partnered with From Babies with Love to send organic clothing and sustainable baby-gifts to new parents.
- Wedding gifts: Getting married? We offer anyone that is getting married a voucher to the value of €250 as a congratulations (as well as two days’ special leave).
In addition to competitive base pay, we also offer the following:
Flexible Benefits Allowance
Deloitte's flexible benefits allowance provides you with the opportunity on an annual basis to design your own mix of pay and benefits. The flexible benefits allowance is paid out as cash with your salary each month. You can spend your allowance on one or more of the three options below:
- Health insurance (VHI, Irish Life or Laya Healthcare)
- Additional annual leave
- AVCs (Additional Voluntary Contributions)
You may be eligible for a performance-related discretionary bonus during your time at Deloitte, which will be outlined in your employment contract.
We want to enable you to thrive as the true you, both inside and out of work. That's why we'll trust, empower and support you from day one, and do everything we can to help you find the balance between what you do in and out of Deloitte.
Our Deloitte Unplugged wellbeing programme supports our people in refuelling physically and mentally in order to be able to make an impact that matters professionally and personally.
Our approach to wellbeing is holistic, and our offerings include:
- Agile and flexible working support such as our Compressed Working Week, leave options for caregivers, Time Out policy, and emergency family care
- Mental health support such as our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health Champions, and free or subsidised counselling options
- Physical health support such as virtual yoga, pilates and fitness classes, as well as health assessments, flu vaccines & eye tests
Your expertise is our capability, so we’ll make sure it never stops growing. You’ll learn every day - whether it’s from the varied, high-quality work you do, the high-profile clients you work with, or the talented people you’ll connect with across the firm and around the world. And, through structured development, you’ll build your technical and personal skills quicker than you would anywhere else.
We'll cover the cost of your annual subscription to one approved professional body.
Financial support: When you join Deloitte as an Associate, the firm pays for your student registration fee, for all exemption entitlements, and for your first-time course and examination entry fees. In addition, we offer financial support in the form of up-front sponsorship for students wishing to complete a institute recognised Masters in Accounting or Postgraduate Diplomas in Accounting.
Study leave: We offer substantial periods of paid study leave based on the type of training contract you are completing, or the course of study being undertaken. The amount of leave offered is in line with recommendations made by the relevant professional bodies.
Find out more about how we help you succeed in your professional exams.
Training and development courses
A range of in-house courses are held regularly for our people. Each career path has its own learning and development pathway covering technical and behavioural skills development.
In addition to the training and development courses we provide internally and support externally, we know that supporting you in pursuing courses outside the firm through recognised educational bodies is important. We provide varying levels of financial support to our people who choose to further develop their knowledge and skills relevant to their area of work.
Find out more about our learning approach.
Our member firm professionals are Deloitte’s greatest asset, and Deloitte is committed to investing in them and developing them as leaders. Deloitte University is more than a physical location—it represents the global expansion of a different and better way of doing business. Some of our employees will have the opportunity to attend world-class training programmes developing skills alongside their global colleagues. It ensures that we share experiences and learn from other member firms and approach our clients as a truly global firm, offering similar experiences whether they’re working with Deloitte in Ireland or Japan.
We'll help you make day to day savings and improve your financial health through various initiatives and saver schemes.
Tax efficient travel pass
Save up to 51% on travel costs if you take part in our Taxsaver Commuter Ticket scheme.
Bike to Work scheme
Deloitte will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,250 through the Bike to Work scheme. The scheme is tax efficient, meaning savings of up to 51% on your purchase.
Wrkit Savings and Resources
Employee discounts and on-demand wellness resources are available through our employee discount portal, Wrkit.
Through Wrkit, our people can enjoy access to thousands of great discounts from well-known brands & retailers, availing of a wide range of savings on day-to-day items, as well as high-saving products in the financial, insurance & tax areas. There are also multiple free online courses to subscribe to.
We support you and your wellbeing so you can continue to make an impact that matters on a daily basis.
We offer a virtual GP service that will provide unlimited GP video consultations (7 days a week), unlimited repeat prescription service (7 days a week, 24 hours a day), unlimited 'ask a medical/health question' (7 days a week, 24 hours a day), discounted home health test kits and follow up consultation (7 days a week).
We offer group discounts with VHI, Irish Life Health and Laya Healthcare (ROI) and Bupa (NI) which allows you to sign up to a policy with your chosen provider and pay your subscriptions monthly via payroll deduction.
Once a year we arrange for subsidised health assessments to take place onsite.
We provide a VDU eye-care initiative with Specsavers for Deloitte employees in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Employee assistance programme
The Deloitte EAP provides a free, confidential counselling and information service to all Deloitte employees and their family members for challenges they may face, both at home and at work. When life gets on top of us, we all need someone to talk to.
The Deloitte Defined Contribution Pension Plan aims to provide protection for you and your family during your working lifetime with us, and security when you retire.
The main benefits of the Plan include:
- A pension on retirement
- The opportunity to exchange part of your pension to receive a tax free cash payment on retirement
- Protection for your dependents on death in service or in retirement
- Full tax relief on any additional contributions you make up to allowable limits.
Please note that all of these benefits may vary subject to the terms of your employment contract, as well as the terms and conditions of the policies in place at the time of your employment.