Your reward has been saved
Life at Deloitte
Putting you at the centre of Reward & Benefits
Your Reward at Deloitte is competitive, supports our purpose and enables our people to never stop growing.
At Deloitte Ireland, we continuously strive towards a culture that promotes personal and professional development. We believe that investing in people, encouraging them to achieve a work-life balance and providing support for their personal and professional development is the key to having happy, productive, and successful colleagues.
Your Reward at Deloitte is more than just your salary. It's your pension, your leave, your healthcare, your recognition, your development, your pay, your savings, your wellbeing and your time. We aim to offer supports and benefits that suit you, wherever you are in life.
We offer several different kinds of leave options, aiming to support our people throughout the various stages of their lives. These include:
- Maternity Leave: up to 26 weeks paid maternity leave with no waiting periods, with an additional 16 weeks unpaid maternity leave. This policy also provides paid leave, guidance and support to individuals who have suffered a pregnancy loss, miscarriage or those who are undergoing IVF / fertility treatment.
- Adoptive / Surrogacy Leave Policy: up to 24 weeks paid adoptive leave, with an additional 16 weeks unpaid adoptive leave. In the case of surrogacy, the firm provides individuals with the same provisions and time off work as those availing of adoptive leave.
- Parental Leave: up to 26 weeks of unpaid parental leave per child
- Parents’ Leave: up to 7 weeks’ paid leave within the first two years of the birth or adoption of your child or the child of your spouse or partner
- New Child (Paternity) Leave: up to two weeks’ paid leave around the birth or adoption of your child or the child of your spouse or partner
- Foster Care Leave: paid leave for short and long-term placements.
- Carers Leave: provides leave for the purpose of the provision of full-time care and attention to a person who may require it.
- Special Leave: paid leave for the ups and downs in your life, including your wedding, your graduation, a child’s first day of school, or a death in the family
- Personal Leave: pre-agreed unpaid time off for you to pursue alternative interests or activities
- Time Out: a 4-week block of unpaid leave each year
- Volunteering Leave: We provide matched volunteer leave equal to the amount of personal leave taken to participate in volunteering activity nominated by you, up to two days per year. In exceptional circumstances involving volunteering in excess of two weeks or otherwise (e.g. volunteering overseas), additional volunteering leave can be awarded at the firm's discretion.
- All roles: 21 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Management roles: 24 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Director roles: 27 days annual leave
Leave Purchase Benefit
In conjunction with our generous annual leave offerings, individuals can avail of the firm’s Leave Purchase Benefit which allows eligible employees to purchase additional annual leave days.
We believe in focusing on the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desks. We carefully consider agile and hybrid ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Deloitte Works – Enabling Hybrid Working Policy
Deloitte Works is about giving our people flexibility and choice in when, where and how they work. Our people are at the heart of our future, and we want to create environments where everyone can thrive and reach their full potential. Deloitte is committed to supporting its people to balance their personal and work priorities in a way that works for the individual, our clients and the firm.
Compressed Working Week
Compressed working week for June, July and August, which means a finish time of 2 pm on Fridays if target hours have been reached.
Self-Select Remote Working Outside Ireland Policy
In line with our people-first approach and our commitment to flexible working, we want to support requests from our people to extend time abroad when visiting home, family and friends, or on holiday. Individuals who have the right to work within a country outside of Ireland may request to work remotely from that country for a pre-approved period(s).
At Deloitte, your hard work and curiosity will be encouraged and rewarded. Successes and pride are shared here and celebrated together because they take us all forward.
We have a dedicated recognition platform which allows us to celebrate and reward our colleagues internally for making an impact or going above and beyond in their roles.
We also have various leave and gift awards for milestone years of service and personal milestones, such as baby baskets for new parents and wedding gifts for anyone that is getting married (as well as two days’ special leave).
We strive to offer competitive base pay based on current market research. In addition, we also offer individuals who may be eligible access to a discretionary performance-related bonus scheme during their time at Deloitte.
We want to enable you to thrive as the true you, both inside and outside of work. That's why we'll trust, empower, and support you from day one, and
do everything we can to help you find the balance between what you do in and
out of Deloitte.
Our Deloitte Unplugged wellbeing programme supports our people in refuelling physically and mentally to be able to make an impact that matters professionally and personally.
Our approach to wellbeing is holistic, and our offerings include agile and flexible supports such as our Deloitte Works – Enabling Hybrid Working policy and flexible working arrangements for individuals experiencing significant life events such as menopause and those who may require emergency family care, etc.
We support you and your well-being so you can continue to make an impact that matters basis daily. Coupled with the above, we also offer:
- Health insurance: We provide access to health insurance for you,
your Spouse / Partner and dependents up to and including age 17.
- GP Online: We offer a virtual GP service that will provide unlimited GP video consultations, unlimited repeat prescription service, unlimited 'ask a medical/health question', discounted home health test kits and up follow-up consultation.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): Our EAP provides a free, confidential counselling and information service to all Deloitte employees and their family members for challenges they may face, both at home and at work. When life gets on top of us, we all need someone to talk to. In addition, we have renowned psychologist, Karen Belshaw, in-house who delivers one-to-one clinics offering confidential appointments on stress management, anxiety, health and wellbeing.
- Inclusion Passport: A voluntary framework for you and your coach to use as part of a well-being conversation to discuss and document what supports or flexible ways of working would make a difference to your ability to thrive both personally and professionally at work.
- Physical health support: such as virtual yoga, Pilates and fitness classes, as well as health assessments, flu vaccines & eye tests.
Your expertise is our capability, so we’ll make sure it never stops growing. You’ll learn every day - whether it’s from the varied, high-quality work you do, the high-profile clients you work with, or the talented people you’ll connect with across the firm and around the world. And, through structured development, you’ll build your technical and personal skills quicker than you would anywhere else.
We'll cover the cost of your annual subscription to one approved professional body.
Financial and study support
When you join Deloitte as an Associate, the firm will financially support you in your professional education. In addition, we offer substantial periods of paid study leave based on the type of training contract you are completing or the course of study being undertaken. The amount of leave offered is in line with recommendations made by the relevant professional bodies.
Find out more about how we help you succeed in your professional exams.
Training and development courses
A range of in-house courses are held regularly for our people. Each career path has its own learning and development pathway covering technical and behavioural skills development.
In addition to the training and development courses we provide internally and support externally, we know that supporting you in pursuing courses outside the firm through recognised educational bodies is important. We provide varying levels of financial support to our people who choose to further develop their knowledge and skills relevant to their area of work.
Find out more about our learning approach.
Our people are our greatest asset, and Deloitte is committed to investing in them and developing them as leaders. Deloitte University, located in Belgium and France, is more than a physical location—it represents the global expansion of a different and better way of doing business. Some of our employees will have the opportunity to attend world-class training programmes to develop skills alongside their global colleagues. It ensures that we share experiences and learn from other member firms and approach our clients as a truly global firm, offering similar experiences whether they’re working with Deloitte in Ireland or Japan.
We'll help you make day-to-day savings and improve your financial health through various initiatives and savings schemes including TaxSaver Travel Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Bank@Work, Employee Discount Portal and
Vodafone Staff Affinity Scheme.
The Deloitte Defined Contribution Pension Plan aims to provide protection for you and your family during your working life with us, and security when you retire.
The main benefits of the Plan include:
- A pension for retirement
- The opportunity to exchange part of your pension to receive a free tax-free cash payment on retirement
- Full tax relief on any additional contributions you make up to allowable
As a member of the DC pension plan, you may be eligible to benefit from income protection and/or life assurance.
Please note that all of these benefits may vary subject to the terms of your employment contract, as well as the terms and conditions of the policies in place at the time of your employment.